Launcher data erase

Is there a way to erase the data on the stock launcher if the watch looks if it’s about to brick it and save having to flash from scratch? I saw a known smartwatch reviewer on utube using setting search app to do it but this app doesn’t work with android 5.1. It only shows the installed apps and doesn’t show you the stock launcher. Please help.

Nov 3, 2017 15:56:26 GMT 1 ilovebigbutts said:
Is there a way to erase the data on the stock launcher if the watch looks if it's about to brick it and save having to flash from scratch? I saw a known smartwatch reviewer on utube using setting search app to do it but this app doesn't work with android 5.1. It only shows the installed apps and doesn't show you the stock launcher. Please help.

no watch will give you the capability to erase system files without root:)

ilovebigbutts You mean this app play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katzoft.settings.search.full ? It works on both KW88 and KW99 and from what I know on every other watch here. Downside is it still won’t let you go to stock launcher app info to delete cache and/or data.
Instead of flashing you can do adb backup (from command line - maybe there are some general Windows/GUI frontends for this), do factory reset, and restore previously made backup also using adb.

Nov 3, 2017 15:56:26 GMT 1 ilovebigbutts said:
Is there a way to erase the data on the stock launcher if the watch looks if it's about to brick it and save having to flash from scratch? I saw a known smartwatch reviewer on utube using setting search app to do it but this app doesn't work with android 5.1. It only shows the installed apps and doesn't show you the stock launcher. Please help.

I watched the same video and tried the same app on my H2, bummer.

Nevertheless I think its possible using Tasker, at least I have got to the point of opening the settings details for what I think is the watch launcher, though I have not deleted anything so could not actually say it is the right app/package. So if your interested proceed with caution.

I think the app/package we need is called ‘com.mediatek.watchapp’, you can see it listed if you run the command ‘pm list packages’ as a shell command in tasker, you will need to write and open a file with the output.

Knowing the package we can now send an ‘intent’ in tasker using the appropriate syntax, I can provide a link to the syntax if you wish to proceed. This opens the package mentioned, which I think is the watch launcher, (though no responsibility accepted), providing only the date and/or cache is deleted I cannot see how this could do any harm, but don’t ‘disable’ the app/package.

Alternatively, and using tasker functionality, I could make an apk for this which you could sideload.

Let me know if you wish to proceed, either way I am happy to help. I only intend to run the tasker task if the watch freezes up on me.

Incidentally when viewing the installed apps/packages I saw another one called ‘com.huawei.mercury.watchface’, haven’t got a clue what that’s about that.

I think its a shame they have hidden so many settings on the skin used for the H2, my older Ourtime X01S is a virtually clean android 5.1 install.

here’s a piccy of the settings, I’ve got 84kb of data, and 1.94mb cache