Kospet Vision - August 2019 model

You’ll be able to post images after a few more posts. Don’t worry.

I want a drone for my 14yr old son. Sounds like you know your stuff in this area.

I am after a DJ if you can send me a pm and I will be grateful for your advice… Just click on my avatar to send me a pm :+1:

Cheers
Pablo11

Somehow missed your post about square mode.

I searched every single menu tree in the watch looking for square mode and couldn’t find it anywhere, I can’t believe it was sat on the power menu all along, I could have avoided all the grief of remoting into the watch from my pc if I’d known lol.

I only noticed the round/square button on the power menu last night, it’s not particularly obvious it even there are first and it’s not labeled, just a plain circle which turns to a square when pressed.

After pressing it I then put it back to a circle not knowing what it did, if I’d gone into an app whilst it was a spare I’d have discovered what it was ha ha.

The watch comes with very little in the way of documentation, basically just how to charge it and how to install the terrible companion app which I un installed straight away when it was clear it brought nothing new to the table in the way of user experience.

So I’ve just been using my knowledge of Android to know what’s what but little things that have been changed just for watch use I’ve come across and has been interesting to learn.

I’ve requested twrp for the vision, don’t know how active that thread is but being able to make backups or install custom roms if anyone makes one would be nice :slight_smile:

Gotta figure out how to root this thing now, every device I’ve ever owned right back to my windows mobile days had been rooted, it’s compulsory for me lol.

Can we trust roms from the likes of Kospet?
I’d like to stick my banking app on it but Kospet is a relatively small and unknown Chinese company and I don’t trust them like I trust my data on my Sony Xperia just yet!

Your problem will be that your banking app does not trust Kospet. Personally, I think that Kospet is trustworthy.

3 Likes

Surprisingly, my bank allows even rooted devices to have the app installed, my two Xperias and my tablet are rooted.
The app does still manage to block all screen capture though, it will prevent absolutely all screenshot apps from grabbing and the app will refuse to boot if anything performing screen record is running.
I’ve tried endlessly to circumnavigate it and been defeated no matter how I try to trick it, the app even knows if I’m outputting to hdmi via MHL connection, it’s on the ball lol.

1 Like

Don’t worry @iscle will see you have requested a recovery soon.
Then just use Magisk to patch up the the boot image

1 Like

Yep, I got an email about the TWRP request.

I’ll try to have it ASAP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay, thankyou so much iscle, I’m looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Having lots of fun messing about with this watch and setting it up how I like, been playing around with watch faces and making changes to them.

Can’t share the file of this as it’s not my design and only modified by me but this is how my face looks right now.

Changed the lcd windows from grey to electo blue and I’ve removed some graphics from the face.

need to make a new battery symbol as well as the ‘sec’ text as they were removed when I changed the windows color due to them being a fixed part of the background :frowning:
I also took the second hand from another design and increased its length by a very small amount.

Id like to make the digital symbols bolder if I can, I’ll have a play around later to see if I can do it without breaking them.

I want to use the hour and min hands from another file but I need to play about a bit to figure out how to do it without breaking the face, I’ve discovered not all files are a straight swap and can cause a plain white face for some reason, strange as the second hand from the same face file is working fine.

This thread is very quiet, has anyone else got this watch yet?

My thoughts on it are that it’s a very nice device buy the battery life is horrendous :frowning:
I don’t know if that is just how these watches are but mine drops to 60% in just a couple of hours with no use and Bluetooth and WiFi turned off.
I dont have it in performance mode, the pedometer is turned off and I only have raise to tun on screen switched on.

Does anyone know if there is software that allows to underclock the cpu to save power?

I don’t expect the watch to last days but on a 800mah battery and only used as a watch I thought it would last from morning till night :confused:

Surprisingly, when used as a mp3 player to my Bluetooth headphones and using the fitness tracker when out exercising, the battery drain does not seem much different to if it sat on the side doing nothing.

Does anyone know how to get these into recovery / bootloader mode?
I want to make a image of the rom and route it.
I haven’t read up fully on the process yet and have only acquired the relevant pc software so far but I assume that you need to be in recovery /bootloader to allow the software to do its thing?

Steve.

Hm, I also have this watch and have no battery problems. Go to Settings and make sure that Battery saver is activated. Are you using a SIM card?

1 Like

intelligent battery saver is on, the other battery saver will not turn n unless its on battery power and turns off as soon as the charger is connected and does not reactivate once the charger is removed.

what sort of battery life are you getting from yours?

have you routed yours yet?

Steve.

No, I did not rooted the watch. The underclocking of the cpu makes no sense, it does not lead to any significant improvements. Some have already tried it.
If you have some time, let go through the post I have linked. While it is for the Kospet Optimus pro, it does contain some very useful battery optimization tips.

2 Likes

I found one source of power drain, ‘apower’ server.

I installed it to remotely display and control the watch from my pc to set some stuff up where the screen made it hard or impossible.

It was constantly running in the background, I’ve now uninstalled it now it’s not needed anymore and although my battery life still isn’t great, it’s improved a lot.

The answer to the Sim question is yes, I have my second number in the watch.
It’s just a backup and not a line I use from day to day but it just made sense to take the Sim out the phone which sat on the side at home and stick it in the watch where it will always be with me.

2 Likes

Whenever I do not need GPS, I turn it off. This saves a lot of battery.

1 Like

I’ll give the a try, my GPS is permanently turned on because I use it daily.

I just need to know how 2 put my current Sim service and number on the thing. Are you straight talk in the US and they insist it is on Kospets end or my previous Galaxy phone. The thing is I had already swapped my sim to a moto phone before getting the watch and Straight Talk told me I wasn’t even capable of doing that even though we’ve all been doing sim swaps for years and I was talking to them on the Moto I had swapped Sims with which had a Setup Wizard to do so which means they have no idea what the hell they’re talking about. Can someone please save me the money or buying a new sim on a new service?

I dont fully understand your post . If you want to put your sim card in the watch " put your sim card in the watch " and it should work ? Have you tried this ?

2 Likes

Figured it out. Straight talk sims don’t jive with standalones. Almost like they have have their systems programmed against it.

I have straight talk can you give me steps on how you got it to work

Dont know if this helps at all ? This guy also lives in the US and knows his stuff

I live in US, I bought a nano sim card but no way to activate it