Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

@G1NT0N1C i want to thanks and congratulate all a of you guys from the staff, for the dedication you have.
Knowing that SE dont upgrade was a huge punch…and at the same time will let me enjoy untill i am tired :slightly_smiling_face:
Learning a lot here.
ONCE AGAIN MANY THANKS DREAM TEAM

1 Like

You are welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

Go to setting in the playstore and click on about app,it tell you that the app is not updated… and you click ok,than go to setting of the watch in unistall application on playstore force close the app and clear the cache

You must update the play store

Yes thank you moderators and SERZAO for advice and support. It works well for what i want it for. But i was thinking long term if there were bugs and no update to fix them, is my main concern.

thanks again for quick replys

To all new watch owners and anyone who resets their watch - all types.
There is an update from Google that will prevent you from accessing the play store as soon as you sign in.
Basically it is due to Play Services being out of date.
It will give a “failed to connect to server” error.
However, if you close your apps and use this app you will be ok.
You need to connected to Wi-Fi preferably, and signed in to your Google account before you run the app. At least, that’s my advice.

Help Play Services Error_v1.3.7_apkpure.com.apk (2.9 MB)
It will update services and after that you will need to go to the play store app and access the settings for the play store.
In here you click on the play store version number and it will update within a few minutes…
Be patient.
Once you have done this you will have full access and you will see a message to update maps and the Google app etc…
This is happening more and more now so be prepared.
I will pin this post for a while for visibility.
Cheers
Pablo11.

3 Likes

I don’t find 1.6b so where i can find it ? please, thank you.

KOSPET_PRIME_v1.6_B_20191223.zip

The link is dead.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1zksvMrbHXAS2mtYJu2d7FpaYm5MaqZpR&export=download

3 Likes

I also noticed that some functions were lost with 1.8b on watchfaces
but I thought it was a bug

Works for me

All functions of Clockskins work in 2.0b ?

I believe there is one value that is not available in any version apart from 1.6b
@G1NT0N1C knows more about this I think…

Rotation Value 13 no longer works as of V1.7. This is required in this new clockskin engine to display rotations with less than 360 °. It works for hours, minutes, seconds and a few more. Unfortunately not from V.1.7B
This means that it is not possible to create retrograde watch faces for a Kospet Prime if the firmware is later than V1.6B.

3 Likes

Thanks G.
That’s what I mean :+1::+1:

Thanks marcomdg, it works

Incredible, I posted an announcement about what has happened regarding Google Play services and how to fix it in the announcement section and no one has seen it?
I’m sad :confused:

3 Likes

I saw it and thank you! I didn’t reset my watch (PRIME) and still needed it. Everything works as you described. Several applications have been updated in the new version. For example, the new GOOGLE MESSAGE now supports RCS CHAT. So far, this has been impossible.
I RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE TO UPDATE!

@gyuri I can confirm - no factory reset needed at all.
I don’t think I even had to reboot once… :thinking:
I was amazed who quickly the issue came up.
On Tuesday morning I was contacted by the firmware team with this…

After 30 minutes I had fixed it and it was just GMS packages too old.

I’ve also given them the choice of updating all Google packages or just provide the little Play Services app in an OTA…

I have asked that they update all of the Google core apps. It’s a much better experience.

You can install Google Carrier services and the new Google advanced messaging app as a bonus.

3 Likes

Good evening all !!! just received my Prime SE :slight_smile: Gonna start to discovery the full android watch.
@G1NT0N1C i am also having the playstore error

After the update to 2.0b the speaker works very weak at the maximum volume, the sound was very strong on the jingle at restart, thank you KOSPET, pfff