Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

It’s been around for a long time.
It might be ok…
There are a couple like this but without root (not system - less) I don’t know if how they will behave to be honest

1 Like

Super late here but I’ll let you know tomorrow how it goes for a restore. It can also restore to another device although I think it needs to be the same OS version and possibly same hardware for system settings to restore properly.

Do look forward to having all inclusive TWRP though if that is ever possible on Android 10 - that would be awesome.

1 Like

Check your PM’s.
Before you have a heart attack :joy:

1 Like

The Prime 2 looks very impressive. Thank you for thinking of us that enjoys developing. Is their any plans of it being sold in the U.S. like on Amazon?

Since I still have a 2nd Prime 2 that had been factory reset to return it I used it as a test to see if the backup from the other Prime 2 would restore Apps, data and settings to it. I believe it did quite well. I had intentionally set the screen timeout to 15 seconds on the one being restored. When the restore was done it was 30 seconds as I have on the other Prime 2 so I’m guessing it got most or all system settings restored correctly. It installed apps I had from the backup also onto the other Prime 2. I did notice the ‘Night light’ setting which turns the screen more warm (amber?) seemed to have been missed in the restore though.
It does not backup or restore clockskins. But I use Total Commander on my Windows computer which makes it quick and easy to copy them back to the watch. I also use the Android version of Total Commander on the watch. Great program and App from Ghisler that has been around for at least 20 years - Android version not as long but many years.
I still look forward to trying TWRP as it sounds like pablo11 has that amazing feat whipped :smile:

3 Likes

Kospet Prime 2 is on eBay if you don’t mind paying around a hundred dollars more for it than you can get it on banggood.com. I would guess some people will sell on Amazon but expect to pay quite a lot more IMO. Banggood has been good to deal with and reliable. I’ve been using banggood for 5 years and have gotten quite a lot from them without any real problems - just one issue which was taken care of quickly.

2 Likes

Question about a big slow down in App installs. I noticed after doing a lot of fiddling to get the APN to work that installing an App - even a very small size under 1 Megabyte seemed to take way longer than it did some days ago. So far I haven’t been able to pin down what may have caused this. The rest of the watch seems just as fast as before but installs take much longer. I don’t have any big apps or a whole lot of them and still have tons of free space. Any thoughts on what might cause slow installs? Google protect is turned off.
I went through Developer options in trying to diagnose this slowdown. I see the “Verify apps over USB” (check apps installed via ADB/ADT for harmful behavior) is turned off and Grayed out so it can’t be turned on. Not sure why it’s that way but the other Prime 2 has it turned ON. Other than that one difference which I would not think is causing a slow install from the Downloads folder I don’t see any difference in Developer options.

I agree with @droidtrix. Why not trying bangood? I ordered dozens of watches there and had no problems.

2 Likes

I also had that slow download of apps (don’t know if you have slow download part or install part).
The same evening I decided to make a 5GHz only WLAN and connected to that (it was previously selecting 2.4Ghz, even though 5Ghz was available on same name), and then the apps just flew in like crazy…

You should not worry about anything until you get the proper watches.
You are still using the review samples.

1 Like

Hi all,
Is there a FAQ for questions like…

1. When people send me jpegs they come through as a notification that opens in an app called 'Messenger". Once the window is closed the message and pictures are gone. There is no record of them under SMS messages and they are no longer available under notifications. Where do the messages and jpegs go? and where do I find this mystery app 'Messenger"? that doesn’t show up in any menus I have found.

2. Do we need to install a third party app to send/attach jpegs via emails (google mail) and/or SMS texts? (I am not seeing the expected buttons/menu symbols to access this feature)

3. Do we need to install a third party app if we want to do video calls? (I am not seeing the expected buttons/menu symbols to access this feature)

4. If I want an extra charger cable, will the Kospet hope charger cable fit? as there doesn’t appear to be any accessories links and BangGood don’t seem to be up to answering the question.

5. Should I be alarmed if my battery charge rate loss jumps from 3.5% per hour to 12% per hour (an extra 8.5% to play music over bluetooth… which appears to be playing up again with signal cutting in and out)?

I understand there will likely be performance tweeks over the coming months as new issues pop up and get resolved and am not at all concerned (because I think its pretty amazing to have half what this mega smart watch provides at twice the price. But it would be cool to know a few of these things.

Our team does not even have the watch yet.
Once we receive them there will be a lot of work to do and the FAQ will be part of it.

Please bare with us until we receive the samples.

Cheers

3 Likes

Aliexpress sells a Prime 2 charger cable

3 Likes

Thank you for the link. I purchased one (just 3 days after I bought a bullet band there).

You don’t have one of the watches yet??? That seems incredibly unfair and not particularly smart. … … I deleted the rest as it’s none of my business.

1 Like

I have one of the early development samples because I was working on something…

But the current version is very different and paying customers always come first.

So ours were only posted on Saturday just passed

2 Likes

Very cool. No doubt you all will be eager to get your mitts on them

1 Like

I reckon that you might be right :joy:

2 Likes

Battery per hour even if I’m not on the watch drops by 8% per hour. When I’m 15 % per hour I don’t know why the value of the battery decreases so fast

Normally a factory reset resolves most issues . However you havent give much detail . You probably have a app you installed running in the background permantly . Look under optimization to see what apps are running in background . Apps can be put to sleep while not using

1 Like