Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Oh yeah,:+1:
but a donkey can be very curious :rofl::horse::rofl:

A donkey can be also be suspended for a week :horse::horse::horse::horse: Ha ha ha… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t think so… :exploding_head::fearful::exploding_head::rofl:
Maybe we should open a separate category for the curious :horse::horse::horse::horse:
Ha,ha, ha :rofl::rofl::wink::wink::rofl::rofl:

Apologies for asking such a problematic question.

I have re-read the forum rules and I have no idea what I have done wrong or what the donkey comments are about?

What’s the current thinking regarding firmware?

Is it a better idea for me to leave FAW-PRIME2-V1.1 installed or is it better to install the OEM firmware?

Any advice much appreciated.

I think they donkey joke is about people that keep asking for the FAW firmware ETA. There’s no ETA, it will be ready as soon as possible, that’s all. There’s info about this all over the forum, yet they still ask the same :man_shrugging:

About the FAW vs OEM, you can keep using your old FAW ROM if it works for you. OEM got almost the same performance since developers from Kospet and this forum are working somewhat together to improve the original firmware.

1 Like

You haven’t done anything wrong.
It’s just a matter of me being fxxxing hopeless at dealing with my personal life and setting up the firmware release.

I’m almost there, but every time I go to finish it - something happens in my own world.

Just remember, you are only one of many people who ask and all I can do is apologise for my chaos.

I will be making an announcement publicly as soon as I can.

Cheers

4 Likes

Well said @pablo11 !! :+1: :+1: And mate, never feel that you need to apologize for anything to do with the Forum…or firmware releases, etc, etc, etc We…and I feel I can speak for the vast majority of the Forum member here…appreciate the tremendous amount of time, effort and energy you (And the Mods) put in to making this thing run…and run well !! :+1: :+1:
Of course it is pretty hard for me not to agree with your “It’s just a matter of me being fxxxing hopeless” statement (Oh boy, am I gonna get some milage out of that!) :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, Doons

3 Likes

@Colin_Green @R_Sauvalle @Dotsfar – I solved this KP2 loose camera swivel hinge by applying a small rectangle of double-sided tape to the watch body under the back of the camera. See pics below. I did this about 6 months ago and it’s worked great. Tape provides good tack and camera can be swiveled up when desired.

Before removing tape covering:

After removing tape covering:

2 Likes

Firmware question.

First off, let me say that from reading through the most recent posts, that I’m well aware there’s another release coming but I’m not asking when as it’s been clearly stated that a public announcement will happen as soon as it can.

My question lies with my current Prime 2 that I’ve finally had the opportunity to open and use as the one I’ve been using since last summer, took a nose dive. Totally heart breaking as I has it just where I wanted it. I can only hope the one I’ve opened today will work as flawlessly.

The packaging for the one I opened today is different than the original black box with a flip top lid. This one came in a white box (very nicely put together) which slides in and out of a black sleeve.

This had me thinking it was a later generation model with different firmware but when I checked the firmware release, it appears to be the same as the ones which were originally released in 2020.

Is there another release I can update to or has everything been removed. The way I understood it was that it had been taken down in anticipation of what’s to come.

If there is another release or two that I should be up to, can someone please walk me through the steps again of how to do it OTA like the last time I did (but cannot remember how) or point me to the location where I can find the steps?

I looked but can’t make heads or tails of it.

Here’s what I have on the new watch:

Anthony

You are not reading the version number well!
Your watch cannot be the same as the 2020 model.
The firmware version released on May 17, 2021 is running on your watch.
With number 2.1.
This is what the numbers in the last line mean.
This is a well-functioning firmware.
A blend of international FAW beta and factory. It only lacks the double-tap display on.

1 Like

Thank you for that @gyuri. The last watch’s firmware gave the ability to change Kgs to Lbs and Celsius to Fahrenheit so I was hoping to able to catch those features again. Since we don’t live by the metric system here is the US, it can be a challenge.

This is still possible.
You can change the unit change with your phone.
You need to have the original clock software installed on your phone and you can change the metric and imperial mode on your phone.

If only it were that easy. I use an A phone and I don’t mean Android. :rage::person_facepalming:t2:

Yes, it’s that simple
The WiiWatch software is also available for the iPhone.

1 Like

By the way

2 Likes

Thank you for that Pablo.

It’s been a while. Hope all is well in your end.

@Cigarcia No, it’s not alright.
Hence my absence from the forum for extended periods of time.
Thanks for asking though.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: FAW release candidate v1.3

Hi Guys,

I set the lock screen PIN due it required it for Google Password autofill.

But now I can’t even find it where to change it/turn it off.

It bothers me a lot and I am unhappy with the PIN lock screen style.

Please help me giving a hint, how do I turn it off.

Thanks,Martin

Hi . You will have to flash the firmware if you have locked the device .

Read this

Make sure you select firmware upgrade in flash tools

Latest firmware