Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

@pablo11 Kospet customer service was excellent regarding my warranty replacement (due to a defective camera). They promptly shipped the replacement after they received my return, and they reimbursed me for my return shipping cost. (I did my best to minimize that cost as most shipping modes were very expensive from USA to Hong Kong.) In total, I was without my Prime 2 for about 3-1/2 weeks.

5 Likes

One of the many reasons we support this great brand :+1:. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

it’s been two days that when I charge the prime 2 smartwatch overheating and I can’t turn it on until after two hours. I mounted the last faw. I hope the battery doesn’t get damaged. What can it depend on? what can I do? I state that I use a 5v 1 amp charger. Does the warranty apply if I have mounted the faw firmware? Or Do I have to reinstall the original firmware?

Dont use another charger with this watch . It can seriously damage it . Flash the original firmware ( then factory reset ) and start again . If you need more help let me know :+1:

1 Like

after flashing the original firmware i solved the problem of overheating and shutdown while charging. Thanks for the tips

After you update to the International Firmware you must factory reset - or you will have issues like this.
These have never caused overheating if factory reset is done:

1 Like

Hi Pablo11, when I installed the faw I did the factory reset as you say, but unfortunately after a few days I had the problems described above. With the original firmware it is now fine. I only keep the mobile line active as I don’t need data and I made almost two hours of calls in 24 hours. Battery consumption in 24 hours was 28%, which I would say is excellent. Who knows what problem caused the overheating with the faw, assuming that the loading was always performed with a 5 volt charger and 1 amp max.

Thanks for the update.
Was this one of the early versions of the FAW international firmware or the new version?
Was it an update zip file or flash tools version?

it was version 1.2 faw and all the software and drivers used for the flash were of the latest version

Ok.
You should be using the update zip file.
FAW firmware is not flashed with flash tools for a long time.

You copy this to the watch storage and then use the built in OTA app.
Do not extract the zip file.
Go to Settings, About Watch and open the wireless update app.
REMOVED.

1 Like

what i only got the 1.6 v is there 2.1 stock available

Check the top post

Possible for Prime2 v2.1 firmware: oem unlock, TWRP and root? :pray:
I think more people would test the beta versions if they could easily restore a well-functioning system on their watch. I am already very bored with the bugs in version 1.4. I would love to use better firmware, but currently I only have the option to restore version 1.4 twrp.
Thanks in advance. :handshake:
After a test, people don’t want to spend hours reinstalling a custom configuration. And he wants to use his watch the next day.
I understand that FAW versions should be kept closed due to problem-free updates. Although this protection does not help much in your work. :wink:

I haven’t tried v2.1 yet, but I think it is supposed to not support oem unlocking.
When it comes to the FAW international firmware (which v2.1 is not part of), unless I remember incorrectly, it does not support oem unlocking either.

That’s correct.
It’s their choice.
V2.1 is a based on the FAW firmware but has been customised by the solution provider for the brands. It’s a shame really because after they put all the stuff back in like the Optimisation app and other brand stuff, it interfered with the battery life and certification.

As I have said many times in this thread, it really doesn’t do much good having root anyway. Especially after a factory reset.

@noidremained what do you think about this? Would you say that it is worth having root and twrp?

I would appreciate your honest opinion because I find it almost useless myself.

1 Like

@pablo11 @noidremained
Gentlemen, thank you for your answers.
I use several things using root and twrp. I use several macrodroid macros that require the root option.
I use magisk zip modules to improve bluetooth audio codes.
Twrp backup and restore also works well for full system backup and restore (in 1.4).
Unfortunately, the google assistant does not support hungarian language.
Therefore, I need some additional old applications to make up for this. these also require the root option.
I don’t want to edit the system,just make up for the gaps. And system backup - restore when needed.

We can’t do anything if they decide to lock their preloader.
Sorry but I’m not sure what you think we should do?
We can’t tell them what to do…

In 2.1 some app doesnt work well.
In yourube I want to go library section on square mode no reaction when I tap. In round mode I can’t get to library because buttons are out of the screen.
Battery life is not bad.
Missing tap to wake function is really upsetting
Original firmware still need a lot of fix to be better than faw

@pablo11 My current kospet prime 2 version is stock v2. 1 can I update this Faw prime version directly.

Bluetooth pairing issue with my phones and battery draining problems are there.

Thanks in advance
Mahesh B

Which FAW version are you talking about?
Can you show me a link to it?
Cheers.