Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

@noidremained, Thanks! Found the scatter file. Do you think the root / twrp for the Lem 12 pro would work on the Prime 2?

Some GOOD news on the camera. I grabbed several camera apps off apkpure and the first one I tried called ‘Best Camera’ shows the option of choosing 4096 x 3072 which is 12.58 MP. So the built in camera app doesn’t recognize the full sensor capability. If you want higher resolution grab that Best Camera app or I’m sure there are several others (which I haven’t tried yet) that will get the full 13MP from this camera. File size of the first pic I tried was about 4.5 Megabytes so that’s closer to what I was expecting.

5 Likes

It’s not the final firmware yet. Updates will be made. Especially for the camera.

2 Likes

With all respect, this not what we expect from a 13MP,the pictures is defenetly not representatif even when the size shows 4200x3200 pixel it is still sofware and any good programmer can show you any pixel they want. We have to be honest with ourself and put down our own ehthousiat a side and LOOK HONESTLY ON THE PICTURE WE SEE, THOSE PICTURES ARE NOT 13MP, but autofocus is clearly real. Just to infome you guys, there are so many camera factory who provide there harware to big smartphone company and most of them is frome chinese manufacturer. kospet migh be using Sony IMX214 with autofocus but from wich factory???. Don’t get me wrong i am prety sure they use Sony IMX214 with autofocus but since there is so many clone, and pictures are not realy what it should be so i have a very big doubt on it and this not KOSPET PROBLEM. Don’t get me wrong i do like PRIME 2 just like most of people who follow on this review page, but be honest it is DEFENETLY NOT A 13MP even it look a bit better. Dont be blind because we are to excite ( by the way mine is on he way, i bouth it from aliexpess they offer 10 discount before 11.11 special sale). Unfortunetly it is to late to cancel it. i wish to see those picture before… But OVERAL,for the moment and frome waht i see , PRIME 2 camera IS THE MOST GENIES, PERFECT COMBINATION FOR TAKE PICTURE AND DOING VIDEO CALLING. Some guy said that the full resolution of the sensor isn’t used, well this is not true, becaus as a designer you alway try your best to explore the most of your hardware unless if you have to choose between maximum quality vs battery life, but in this case battery life is not a big issue because take picture unless take hours of video, battery life are not a problem.

1 Like

We know from the first source that the built-in hardware is 13mp. I am therefore assuming a software problem. And this should be fixable. Unfortunately I don’t have this watch yet, so I can only speculate. But that a 13mp sensor is installed is certain.

1 Like

No, I don’t think the root /twrp for the lem 12 pro would work on the prime 2, because of the different screens

We can actually check which hardware is used, if someone with a Prime 2 can:

1 Like

Captured the Rom on the one I updated. Going to grab the original before the update also. Thanks for the help on this!

So far regarding the pictures I would have to agree the quality is not as high as I would expect however I have only played around with the camera settings for a couple minutes and so far only changed it to the 12.58 MP setting.

1 Like

They sent me that apology letter as well for sending a engineering sample and hoping i’ll understand.
Where on the product page does it say that we are beta testing or a buying a used/heavily tested/worn product?

The watch is clearly worn, camera is scratched up and dull, speakers are blasted out, the screen protector is bubbled up and the battery has been abused.

Kospet need to be transparent pre-sale otherwise it hurts their brand and the goodwill of the community.

3 Likes

G1NT0N1C,yes, you get a point, it could be sofware probleme as much of new design and hopefuly it is sofware and we cross our finger that they dont get a cloned camera.

1 Like

Just as a warning, dont put to much trusht in sofware to detect legimity of a hardware, Great programmer can mask real info and show other thing… the real way and the fast way to verify the hardware is to open it. No one will do it. If you are realy concern about a legimity of a hardware is to open it a verify at least the pinout fo see if it match there original. You dont have to do reverse engeenering for that.

Don’t you think that you might be a little too paranoid?

1 Like

@Willem_Laan, I’d say it’s more on Banggood that the Ad did not say this was an engineering sample which shows wear. One of mine shows a lot of wear on the backside but the screen and the rest of the watch appear new. They both seem to show wear on the back and the camera lens but my original Prime also had a camera on the side which appeared it might have a peel off cover on it. I found out it did not have a cover and caused a little scratching around the edges. The lenses on these seem easily scuffed or scratched.

It is really only the plastic faces on the back (where the heart rate sensor is) and the camera that appear to show wear.

Mine arrived with a 99% charge. I can’t say there is any problem yet with the battery but so far it seems okay. I haven’t done any battery fine tuning yet with the battery saver and so on so I don’t know if it has any problem. Speaker sounds fine. I made a phone call which was loud and clear. Also did a ‘Sound recording’ which was good and clear. I tested recording from a couple inches to about 12 inches and it all sounded fine.

Edit: What I thought was wear on the heart sensor and camera turned out to be a very thin protective film.

2 Likes

Agree. They should not sell a used/demo/beta model without stating it in the sales description, so one can decide between getting beta or waiting for the fresh from factory production model.
I am afraid mine will also be such one, because it was sent before we were told they would have stock…

Build number of Kospet prime 2 original out of the box:
D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.0_20201011

after update: D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.1_20201017

1 Like

Mr. Ticks updated to 20201031 if I remember good…

1 Like

I just got the update via Wifi through the watch. Not sure where I could get any newer update unless he is in another country maybe?

@droidtrix, you are correct in saying that Banggood should have caught this and that most of the wear is on the back and camera. And if we are told this up front or right after ordering that it is a engineering sample then that would have been fine, it’s a cool concept and i’m rooting hard for Kospet because personally I think watches/wearables are the way to go and they are doing good work. But that’s also why this is upsetting. I’ll still keep an eye on the official release though.

1 Like

The camera lens has a protective film on it. Make sure you remove it before you start taking pictures. When I received the watch I was unaware. some of my pictures had a haze on them. removing the file help! The posted links of the picture I took had the protective film still on the lens. I will take some more without it and post soon.

3 Likes

PLEASE DON’T TRY AND REMOVE ANY PLASTIC FILM IF YOU CAN’T SEE IT ON THE LENS!!
We all remember what happened to the Genesis when people tried to scratch off a film that was not there.
Just be sure it exists before trying to remove it extremely carefully.

4 Likes

Anyone who has a note saying it is an engineering sample will be sorted out properly do not worry.

The software is not the final version and it is constantly changing.

Please let me know which version is showing 8mp. Because, as I have said before it is a 13mp camera.
Install Hardware Version from the play store and run the check if you don’t believe it.

There should be an OTA to version 1.4…
So I will not post the update yet

3 Likes