Kospet Hooe gps problem

Feb 22, 2019 10:05:51 GMT glitterfart said:
must be very random got mine 2 days and used gps turn by turn worked great

Yep, it works fine if you have cellular data or WiFi enabled. But using gps only - it can take a very long time to get a fix.
pablo11 AvatarFeb 22, 2019 6:28:41 GMT pablo11 said:
I know why the problem exists but fixing it will be tricky. It's all due to the GPS config being set up for China. To change it requires root access or an adjustable config which is what I will be working on.

This is why it takes so long to re-establish the connection once you have turned it off and on again.

Ah , i remember this from the Finow X5 days lol . Sod it , i’m leaving GPS on permanent :+1:

Feb 22, 2019 13:42:44 GMT Tim And Pierce Collins said:
pablo11 AvatarFeb 22, 2019 6:28:41 GMT pablo11 said:
I know why the problem exists but fixing it will be tricky. It's all due to the GPS config being set up for China. To change it requires root access or an adjustable config which is what I will be working on.

This is why it takes so long to re-establish the connection once you have turned it off and on again.

Ah , i remember this from the Finow X5 days lol . Sod it , i’m leaving GPS on permanent :+1:

correct i am using 4g sim all the time  got 2 sim cards on the same number for  both  phone and watch  i came to the point that i leave my bulky  phone at home all the time the hope  does all other jobs perfectly especially the music  app works fantastic 

Could it be that this is a generell problem of the smartwatches? I had an lemfo lem 7,8 and X. A thor 4 plus and now an kospet brave. And all amhabe this massive GPS issues.

I have now the kospet brave and when i put it on my arm i have no signal at all, but when i dismount it and hold it upside down i get a bad signal but al least something.

Is there a fix allready?

Chriss

Hi Guys,
i have the same problem, the GPS doesn’t work at all.
The watch is brand new , arrived this morning, just charged the battery and set the minimal things to use it… but at the first test google maps doesn’t find the position (i set to use all the location capability, networks, wifi, etc…)
The GPS status app see 19 satellites but no connections with anyone and the compass doesn’t work, never load a position also with error of 1000Km.
my first impression is that there is a big bug…
i hope they will find a solution soon…
Thank you and have a nice day

this is the GPS problem, have a look:

completely unusable

I know why the problem exists but fixing it will be tricky.
It’s all due to the GPS config being set up for China.
To change it requires root access or an adjustable config which is what I will be working on.

We are working on a fix but because the GPS config file is in NVRAM it is very difficult to make it adjustable.

I will talk to them again today and see how it goes.

I have the Hope_B_20190305.
I have to be stationary for a bit to get the GPS sats to lock on as well.

I really do hope you’re able to get that config file figured out. I don’t know how to root my hope, but i’ll do it if it means better GPS.

@pablo11 is there a way to extract the config file? I’m curious to see what it looks like and how it would need to be edited.

I’m not sure if any progress has been made regarding this. I desperately need functional GPS.

I like my kospet hope, but i may have no choice but to get a different watch. I just wish one of the others also had 3+gb of ram and 32+gb of storage.

As stupid as this may be i keep my hope GPS on at all times now as it hardly uses any battery . This then means i get a gps lock really quick ( most times ) . Even driving AT 70mph :grin: . I also use for lots of running . If you swop to a similar watch i believe you will have the same problem .

1 Like

@pablo11

I don’t suppose there’s any news on the GPS config. I don’t mind rooting the device, just give me a super fast step by step. like (use install this, run this, install this, do that.) and i can google the rest to fill it in.

I still desperately need working GPS on this thing. Something that can connect quickly without me sitting on my bike, on the side of a road waiting for it to connect.

As for leaving it on all the time. It doesn’t even try to connect if i don’t have an app running that uses the GPS. So if i DO get a connection with an app. If i close that app. It has to reconnect all over again.

I’m using this firmware. http://bbs.kospet.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4&extra=page%3D1

@lazybunnykiera, didn’t take me long to find this on google, maybe it can be of help to you:

3 Likes

Thanks, this was the method I was referring to a long time ago but I have been plagued with personal issues and so I have been away from the forum for a while.
This is very helpful and thanks for posting it.
I will probably add it to our YT channel to help others.
Cheers

2 Likes

Does this also work when using GPS only? Without internet?
I don’t have a sim card for my Hope. I’m still trying to decide on the absolute minimum/cheapest plan for it. Probably something like Ting.

Not sure how to root the hope yet. I’ve only ever rooted my(and my families) amazon fire 7 tablets for cyanogenmod.

So i’ll look for some step by step tutorials, since it does look a bit tougher than my other devices.

It would or should work regardless of sim card.

I think I posted the TWRP recovery for the Hope already. Rooting is very simple but you need the stock firmware and you will have to flash the custom recovery and a patched boot image using the SP Flash Tools.

There is a section here in the forum for developers and most information you need will be there.