Just tested WatchMaker Live Wallpaper on the Blitz...

Just tested WatchMaker Live Wallpaper on the Blitz…

1st, the live wallpaper is not centered on the screen, in settings, cannot find a way to get the wallpaper not cropped with a gap of 5mm from the top… This is a bug in watchmaker wallpaper, any other live wallpaper is nicely centered…

2nd, OpenGL usage make the watch so hot that I get a message that my watch is near to burn (battery is just behind the screen) and the Mali 400 gpu makes everything raising crazy temps… I agree that I am testing this thing with activated screen and gpu usage is high, but this is not a normal behaviour… Don’t want to see my battery explode and my watch broken for a stupid wallpaper…

Conclusion : Not a good idea to play with an OpenGl Live Wallpaper like Watchmaker… Going to try it with slower fps to see if it continue to burn my watch… I think that if Live Wallpapers wasn’t installed, that was because OpenGL usage of it was raising temps and makes watches burn ^^ lol…

CU.

Glad you tried @Olimatou ​ I thought that was a great option but seems is not. As you said, maybe decreasing fps can help reduce temps.

@Josue_Galindez Nop, temps are still crazy hot… I think that it is not a good idea to use live wallpapers using OpenGL… Not any good dissipation for the mali 400 gpu inside, so will put this option in the trash…

Sad news @Olimatou ​ No one can say you didn’ try. I still want to have seconds hand and some more animation on my watch :frowning:

You allready decode frameworks
Which intent action change stock watcfaces?

Man, that’s bad :frowning:
You think there could be any luck using KWLP instead? Could it be an issue regarding the libraries you are using?

What other options are there to display seconds on the clock?
Thank you for your job

How much battery does Kustom use?

Short answer: almost zero. Long answer: Kustom is running only when you are looking at it and even when active it updates once every second so its a lot different from standard live wallpapers which do 60 frame per second animations and sometimes also run in background. On top of that Kustom will never update unless strictly necessary (if you are not scrolling or data is not changing). This off course applies to the wallpaper, the editor is a different story since it needs some CPU to show you the changes while doing them so it will use some battery if you edit your template a lot. If you want to have details on how it works i suggest to use BetterBatteryStats, you will have then detailed info on the battery usage of the wallpaper (http://org.kustom.service) and the editor (http://org.kustom.wallpaper).

They claim their wallpaper is just 1fps. Maybe we will get lucky…

If possible, would you share the libraries, so that I can help you to check it out?