Just an idea for sun glare

I have an idea and i want you to tell your opinion on how smart or dumb it is :sweat_smile: Of course i’m jealous of the reflective screen of Genesis, but i recently bought Prime and i don’t afford to buy a new smartwatch too soon. Although i don’t have a big problem to see the time when i am outdoors in direct sunlight (i usually prefer black and white watchfaces for a sharper contrast), i would be happy to reduce the glare. i was thinking of buying one of those mat antiglare screen protectors for tablets, cut a 1.6 inch circle of it and apply it on the Prime…Has anyone try it? Is something like that (for smartwatches) on the market?

5 Likes

Hi @Giorgos_Tsarouchas, well I don’t know if anyone else has tried it, but your idea sounds like a good one to me mate! :+1: Certainly worth a try as I can barely see my Kopset hope lite face when outdoors in bright light. Be interesting to see if there is anything you can buy that would do the job! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

I’m about to order an antiglare screen film for tablet (OEM). As soon as i test it, i;ll give you feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Many thanks Giorgos! :+1: I am sure that there will be may Forum members interested to see how you anti glare experiment turns out! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Ok, i just got the antiglare screen protector. I don’t have a divider to draw and cut a perfect circle, but ι put the film on the watch (without sticking it) and drew the outline of the screen. Here are some photos i took. The brightness of the screen is at 100% The sky was cloudy, i also want to test the visibility in a sunny sky.

6 Likes

The screen protector is matte, which helps a lot when your hands are sweaty, like during a sports activity.

1 Like

Hi Giorgos. Say, many thanks for the update mate…much appreciated! :+1: The watch faces looks to be much more visible than when you just have the normal screen protector…so I will be definitely buying an anti glare protector myself and placing it on my Kospet Hope Lite, because once outside, even in cloudy conditions, it is very hard to see, even with the brightness set to 100%. I’ll post some photographs of my watch once I get the anti glare on it. May be a little while as I will most likely have to buy it online. But again, thank you for the update! Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

I’m always happy to contribute to a forum that has helped me alot :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: Just be sure to buy a matte protector and it’s better to be for a tablet, i mean at least 7", because you might need to make a lot of efforts… I bought a 10" protector and the half of it has left over for future uses.

4 Likes