IQI have asked that these two connectors be very carefully disconnected and then reconnected.

@Paul_Lonsdale
unfortunately yes I do :frowning:
Send it to them via snail mail or cheapest possible method.
Actually - donā€™t you have a buyers right to exchange within a period of time?

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Iā€™ve just attempted to send the item back by Royal Mail using tracked Airmail inline with the suppliers instructions. Unfortunately Lithium batteries or items containing lithium batteries, disconnected or otherwise, are prohibited when sending to China. If I try and sneak one through and they Xray it they can destroy it. Short of chancing my arm or trying another courier Iā€™m either faced with trying find a local repairer or buying another and scrapping the one I have :frowning:

This is not good enough. Show the trader this response from customs/post regulators and paste the reply here please.
Thanks

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 I will email them tonight and post the reply. See http://www.royalmail.com/china 1st bullet point under the section Prohibited Items

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 See email interchange as with supplier as requested belowā€¦

Meā€¦

Unfortunately I tried to return the item via the Royal Mail tracked Airmail service and I was advised lithium batteries or devices containing lithium batteries, whether connected or otherwise are prohibited, see http://www.royalmail.com/china and screen shot below.

I was advised parcels are x-rayed and if they are found to contain batteries they will be destroyed.

My only other option is look at other couriers, some of whom have similar restrictions and may result in import / custom charges.

Alternatively would you consider despatching a replacement to me and I could contribute to some of the cost?

Supplierā€¦

Do you means that your local post office canā€™t deliver the item which contain the battery?

Meā€¦

Your understanding is correct.

Supplierā€¦

If your local place donā€™t accept the item with battery, there is only a way to send the item back.

That is to say,you send back the item to Hong Kong with express shipping,but we donā€™t suggest.

First of all,the cost will be expensive,and then when you send it to Hong Kong,it will need long time back to our Shen Zhen warehouse and from previous experience,the parcel could be lost.

So we donā€™t suggest you can repair your item in your local tech department,we will share the cost with you.

Do you agree?

Meā€¦

Could you ship a replacement item to me and I will share the cost with you as I am not sure where to take the item to get it repaired?

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 There is a small TV repair shop near me and some phone repair shops I have made enquiries with all of them and they either say they donā€™t repair smart watches or wouldnā€™t be able to get the parts and/or the repair cost would likely outweigh the cost of a new one.

Meanwhile Iā€™ve compared the fault watch with the functioning watches having taken the back off, see https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNuZtKeA3kGN6r_ZYox9hpoOEQoox1Ns-5ZVaLusPOHMYo28xge7ilhchm7NcIPHw?key=QUZ6MDhHMmdndk1NMTg1NVk1UnZ1VjN1cVd6LTN3

I note the two healthy watches have a rubber protector over the device in the centre which measures your heart rate the faulty one does not.

That said with the backs off they all fire up but the fault one has a lit screen no display but does play the Android start up jingle and with the back on and the cradle connected to the PC via a USB connection I can explore the folders on the device suggesting it is booted up in Android just no screen.

If I am unable to get it repaired then I face a long wait, possibility of it getting lost in transit and potentially quite a bit of cost if I have to bear the cost of customs charges on behalf of the supplier.

Any advice would be appreciated.

At what cost could the supplier provide a direct replacement to me?

I can ask them and see what they think.
Only problem is that because they didnā€™t supply it they can probably only offer you a better price but not bear the responsibility. It is very frustrating as the vendor should have tested the watch before selling - unless damage occurred in transit :frowning:
Anyway - all I can do is approach them and see what happens. They know whatā€™s going on so that helps a little.
They are away for a couple of days at sales events but Iā€™ll let you know as soon as I hear anything.
Cheers

So the black watch and the last photo is the one I will send.
Just a thought - have you tried removing the heart rate sensor at the plug and then booting the watch? Itā€™s the little strap with the sensor on it that did not have the foam surround

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 This watch is driving me nuts.

So I tried your suggestion, no joy.

I flashed the watch with the latest stable firmware you posted, no change.

5 minutes later startup screen shows, I get to second screen and it goes to sleep. I couldnā€™t revive it.

Plug it into charge and startup screen reappears, only to go to sleep on next screen.

Tried to revive it, no joy.

Tried re-flashing it, no change.

Then whilst composing this message, device connected to PC in cradle it springs into life, turns off when screen titled left, back on when right, then stays on for long enough to complete set-up and pick alternate watch face. Then goes off again and so far have been unable to revive it.

Watch reported 100% battery when working and disconnected from cradle so I donā€™t believe it is a batter issue.

Conclusion, flaky!

Other two watches work fine.

Almost sounds like a sensor issue now. Could be but no way to repair it.
As I said - I will need a few days to get in contact with the manufacturer about a replacement at a reasonable priceā€¦

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Iā€™ve just ordered a replacement watch for the faulty device at a discounted price from the supplier and asked that they check it before sending, so fingers crossed.

In a previous post you mentioned you were trying a new version of sinwear app with the new release of the watch firmware. Is that app the one available via the Google Play Store and Apple Apps Store or a specific version and if the latter can you supply a download link.

My son has an iPhone and my wife and I Android phones and we want to be able to receive notifications from the phone on the watch and interact with the phone when making and receiving calls.

@Paul_Lonsdale the iPhone one should be on the Apple store now. The Android one can only be got from the QR code you get from pressing the remote device icon on the watch.
Itā€™s seriously rubbish though. No point to it at all in my opinion.

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 How did you interact with the phones if not through the sinwear app, is there an alternative?

Is there any news on being able to use custom clock skins on the I2?

The interaction between phone and watch is useless at the moment.
They are saying that new sinwear app will arrive soon but I donā€™t think it will make much difference.
The watch face issue saga continues.
We have now been told it might be possible in August. This new software company ā€œSinsoftā€ is extremely hard to deal with. Anyway latest news is sometime in August

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 ā€‹ Arguably custom clock skins and Integration with the phone are the two big selling points of these devices. Fingers crossed they have a breakthrough on both.

They will - just a matter of time. They know how important it is

I might be a bit stupid question , but I accidentally went to the clock work and clean out the battery in about 3 days I plugged in and did not see it reappearing . How can it wakes up and use

If the battery is really flat it sometimes needs a phone charger to bring it back to life

@Iqi_SmartWatch @Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 I have now received a replacement IQI I2 smartwatch for the faulty one. Watch appears news, did not power up when I pressed the button. I have then placed it on charge but no signs of life. I note another member previously commented on this post about a similar issue and you suggested using a phone charger in case the battery is completely flat. Is that a conventional Android phone charger or a fast charger? I have of course taken the back off to make sure the battery lead is connected.

I have contacted the supplier but I do hope this can be resolved as this will be the 2nd faulty watch and I had to pay half towards the replacement watch.

@Paul_Lonsdale I used a conventional fast charger. The issue seems to be that if the battery goes down below a certain point - the charger does not pick it up.