International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - Suitable for LEM12 Pro & APPLLP 2 Updated 2021.06.26

Can you send me a screen shot of the folder path and the flash tool screen please?

sure, have just sent you a PM

Hi @pablo11 Crisis averted…It must be my crappy laptop, I have just successfully completed all the steps as per all my previous attempts but this time it worked :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Feel free to delete above posts if you like…

1 Like

It was on one drive.
In future put the FW on the desktop or C: root…
Glad it’s fixed

1 Like

Just for future reference,
Flash tool and FW is better to be used outside of this type of folder you have in your screen shot… One drive is not a good place to use

2 Likes

Hi all - Beta testers needed
Install is same as the others.
If coming from stock branded FW, please use v1.0 before you try this or any other FAW updates.
Feedback about the launcher and power consumption is much appreciated.
BETA Thread is here

Cheers

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: International Firmware [Beta] (LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15, Prime2)

at the beginning, thank you for a very good soft for my lem12pro, keep it up. If you can change something, you could do something like after connecting the cable to the watch, the question was what you want to do, just loading or transferring files

1 Like

Good morning everyone. I have the following question:
Can I install in case I need this version directly from the sd of the clock after having installed any of the versions 1.0.or.1.1? Or do I need to do it with the Flashing Tools?

Z32-LEM12pro-V06_20201102.zip

@WolfNight
No you can’t.
That is firmware that needs flash tools to install it.

1 Like

I have installed version V1.0, and later V1.1. I would just like to report that my device gets too hot with these versions. Especially when charging the battery. Thank you for your quick response and all your work.

Did you perform a factory reset after installing? This should solve your problem.

1 Like

At the beginning is getting hot. After you played and installed all the updates, is back to normal.

Wait and see.

Quick question about the v1.2 beta firmware. You disabled 2 fast and 2 slow cores. Is this in the kernel, or just in the SMP settings. I was wondering if we can enable them if we wanted to do something intensive (like watching our battery drop :slight_smile: )

v1.1 working beautifully on my watch - kudos.

1 Like

That have been changed to two performance cores only, from some benchmark testing it seems like this has even a slight advantage in performance.
But that is probably due to the throttling caused by the thermal discharge of all 8 cores.

Yep - the simple reason we are looking at using less cores is battery performance and heat reduction.
8 cores sounds great but is seriously not needed for a smart watch and leads to unrealistic use cases.
I have serious concerns about people expecting to be able to use a smart watch as a tablet or flagship mobile phone…
Like gaming, watching streaming video for ages and long “face time” conversations etc.
I worry that the term Smart Watch is becoming lost and expectations are growing out of control…
It is a watch with smarts intended for light coms and some monitoring - right?
Not a HPC disguised as a watch :rofl:

1 Like

@pablo11 - you are of course correct, however you get weird people (like me) who do things like install termux and ashphalt 8, connect a bluetooth keyboard and joystick, use miracast to a big tv and love to lord it over the apple watch people :slight_smile: Seriously though, I did actually do this. Battery life was reported in minutes, not hours though… For realistic use, disabling the big cores to preserve battery is perfectly reasonable. Who really needs an octocore watch?

EDIT: I do occasionally do teams video calls on my watch when I am out and about. It actually works surprisingly well.

2 Likes

Yep - not just you mate :slight_smile:
You’d be surprised, lol

Yep - together with Wiiteer, we are looking at making it a good user experience for all users.
Users that want a smart watch - not a processing plant :joy:
So it’s about finding that balance of fluid user interface whilst retaining good battery life.

2 Likes

these little gadgets are already extremely powerful devices.
but still they are limited to physics laws. People should keep that in mind.

In my opinion it doesn´t need higher performance. The sold features should be working (HR-Sensor…) and the FW should be more polished (big progress with FAW-FW) to gain acceptance and become useable for everyone that is not nerd.

It is a great outcome indeed.
We will publish something soon about this whole project and what happens next.

We are extremely happy with the response from everyone and how people are happy to get involved.

Thanks to everyone for their efforts and fingers crossed that we can make a difference.

Cheers

2 Likes