International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

A post was merged into an existing topic: Difficulties upgrading

You have the very early version of FAW which was discontinued.
The simple way to get back to normal is to flash the stock Prime 2 firmware and then go to the beta testing thread and grab v1.0 and install using the update app on the watch.
After that you can update to newer versions, still using the update app.

2 Likes

I am able to fix the charging problem with my KS2 already, however, I tried flashing the firmware with the D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.4_20201031 version but the previous problem came back as it’s already 100% full battery but as I try to turn it on, only the KP2 logo appears for 2-3 seconds then nothing happens, I tried to flash the 2nd time with a different firmware version, unfortunately, the flashing tool rejects all the scatter files that I have downloaded related to KP2. May I know the exact version to use and how to fix this scatter file error? thanks, and more power!

Try putting the firmware in a folder with no spaces in the name.
The scatter file path must not have any spaces…

1 Like

Still no luck, all errors in the flashing tool. I already tried uninstalling and installing it.

You are trying to flash the update zip using sp tools… Bad idea and will never work.

You need to use the scatter file from the stock firmware folder ending in 1.4.
The top folder in your screen shot.

1 Like

Okay I was able to get the correct scatter and get the flash tool working, however, after I flashed it via firmware upgrade, the phone only turns on with the KospetPrime2 logo and the battery 100% notification appears and next nothing happens, totally dead, my phone doesn’t work turning ON even if I long pressed for a few minutes.

Flash it again and make sure you have followed all the instructions that have been posted so many times.

Did you download the flashtools zip file I uploaded to the original post?
Installed the one click driver pack and use the included version of the flash tool?

Everything is posted here

1 Like

I flashed it again using this D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.4_20201031 tried both, download only and firmware upgrade and still no luck. Could it be possible that the power ON button is broken or something else? I do apologize for this back and forth scenarios, I am so much grateful for this community for helping us out with our mobile device, more power to you guys!

So, did you install the driver package?
Load the firmware.
Select “firmware upgrade”
With watch powered off, connect to the pc…?

Using the items I attached to the post is very important.
Has to be a Windows PC or laptop.
Everything you need is in this package.

1 Like

So, did you install the driver package? (Yes)
Load the firmware. (Yes D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.4_20201031)
Select “firmware upgrade” (Yes)
With watch powered off, connect to the pc…? Phone watch is off since I cannot turn it ON ever since.

Using the items I attached to the post is very important.
Has to be a Windows PC or laptop. (My OS is Windows 10)

Last resort, have my technician open the watch and check it again if the power ON button is also disconnected or has malfunctioned. My technician has fixed the “not charging” issue due to the pins inside the watch was already not properly connecting to the charging cable pins. I will provide another update tomorrow, thanks!

2 Likes

Top post update
v1.0 and v1.2 updated in line with the release schedule.
v1.0 includes a mandatory factory reset coming from stock
v1.2 brings your device up to date security.

If you need to downgrade for any reason you must flash stock firmware with SP Tools.

The link from the first post to the file FAW-PRIME2-V1.0.zip does not work :frowning:

Check this post.
I will have to tidy up the threads due to this change.

Thread closed until further notice