International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

Just overheating and shutting down maybe ?

@Eric_Crochemore is probably right.
It sounds like thermal shutdown, designed to protect the watch.

Are you playing with it while it is charging by any chance? I mean is this happening while the charging cable is connected?

Or with mobile data and Wi-Fi enabled at the same time? Or Bluetooth enabled along with your data connection.?

All of these things, along with trying to use incompatible watch faces, can cause very fast shutdown and / or fast battery drain.
You should also be careful about what you use to charge your watch.
Especially phone chargers that may be designed to “fast charge”
Best rating for charging your watch is a PC USB port or a regular low amp phone charger…preferably around 1amp or close.

Do not use fast charging devices for your watch as the battery will get hot very quickly and you will shorten the life of the battery.

Any upcoming release for kp2? I am just curious.

Have you checked out the beta testing thread?

Nope
Couldn’t find

Its not hard ?

1 Like

Thnx a lot.
Just need to manually update?

Thanks @Eric_Crochemore and @pablo11

Not that it matters but this is watch is fresh out of the box.

The first of the 2 which were replaced experienced camera failure (sending back for replacement) as it wouldn’t connect when the watch started up.

When charging I only use the charging cord that came with the watch attached to a typical wall outlet adapter (one I’ve probably had for a while from an iPhone). I don’t own any fast charging cords or devices.

As far as the game is concerned, I typically don’t play games (though I downloaded a couple of time killers for when I’m shopping with my wife…… :crazy_face:) but when do it’s only momentarily (as in less then 5 minutes because I do know they can drain the battery very quickly and by default the battery life is already suspect anyway though I think most things can with continued use, like playing music and I want my watch to last the day).

When I’ve noticed it was off, I’ve been working or preoccupied. There’s no longer any sound with it shutting off or turning on though I can turn it on if I want to. So I’m never aware it’s off until I try to use it to check the time.

I’ll do a better job watching it today and in the next few and get pics/videos if possible.

Anthony

Hi Pablo,

Okay so I worked a long day today and changed clockskins and was impressed because the battery charge seemed to hold it its own for most of the day. I pulled it off the plug in about 7am and noticed it had turned itself off around 2:30 pm. I turned it back on and the charge was about 73%. Ugh. I have no idea how long it was off but about 1/2 an hour later at 3 pm, it was turned off again. This time it wouldn’t turn back on so I started having back flashes to previous battery problems because there’s no reason it should have been drained already. Of course I was SOL because I forgot my charger (of course I did….I mean why not, right) so I had to wait til I got home before I could deal with it and when I was able to plug it In and turn it on, because I wasn’t able to turn it on at all until then, it came back up with a cool 68% battery life. Grrrrreeeaaaattt! :triumph:

I took a rather long video of the start up attempts and plug in result when it did turn on so here are the vitals. Pardon my video of a video but I couldn’t get the main video to reduce down to mini clips.

I told you I’m lame! :crazy_face:

By the way, that wasn’t the dead battery icon it showed me the other day. That one was much smaller and closer to the bottom of the watch.

Anthony.

In FAW version there is no ram cleaner?

Strictly speaking, the original firmware didn’t have it either. It had no function, only an animation was shown. :wink:

2 Likes

@Cigarcia
I have to say that if flashing stock firmware is not fixing the problem then it has to be returned to Kospet after sales.

We can’t do anything at all with hardware issues.

So flash the stock firmware and then factory reset.

If you are still having problems you should return it to Kospet.

Sorry, but there is no other way to deal with it.

2 Likes

The best option is to long press power button and use the recent app killer.
Android 10 no longer needs a ram cleaner and in fact not since the early Android versions.
Ram cleaner apps are glorified app killers…
This is the best option - long press power button and use Recent Tasks

Ok thnx for info

Hey Pablo,

Yeah, I think that’s where it’s headed. Without all the boring details, it went a step further on Friday. It it opened up several screens which I’ve never seen before (you’re probably familiar with them) and it made a weird sound. After getting it to stop, it shut itself off and I couldn’t get it to turn back on. I thought for sure the watch was shot but I plugged in anyway and about 20 minutes later it turned itself back on. It’s worked ever since but not without the continued cycle of shutting off, rebooting itself or having me turn it back on.

Blue/Black screen

I’ve been in touch with Kospet and they want me to assume the cost to return them. :rage:.

Anthony

Hello.
Am on stock firmware d09 v2.0 5-5-2021 and am getting around 24 hours of standby with minimal use(few whatsapp messages,sms, few minutes of browsing,short files bluetooth transfer,couple of youtube videos and 0-1 short gsm calls).

Have read few comments in this thread about battery life with faw firmware and not sure if i will get a marked difference in battery life compared to my usage mentioned above!

Can i update from my current stock v2.0 to faw v1.0 using the no flash tool method and how can i go back to the same stock firmware(v2.0 5-5-2021)?

Thank you

1 Like

I was on Stock like you are. Just follow instructions at beginning post.
Download version FAV-PRIME2-V1.0 and place it on watch ans use update tool on watch to install according to instructions. after installing factory reset and than you need to repeat process with second update V1.1…after installing factory reset and start using device…easiest update ever.

1 Like

Where are the developer options in FAW firmware? :slight_smile:

Settings- about device. Tap on build number seven times. After that, you’ll find it here: settings- system- developer options.

Thank you but why are oem bootloader unlocking shaded in FAW firmware developer options? and is it ok to send a faulty watch back to kospet with FAW firmware flashed?