International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

Hey guys, thanks for the new beta 6. But it looks like something isn’t right here. Tthe lift to wake seems rather insensitive and sometimes VERY slow to respond. I mean like maybe 10 second delay slow, if it responds at all. I literally put it side by side with Beta 5 to make sure I wasn’t just being overzealous (though honestly it doesn’t really work properly in Beta 5 either…and yes, my wife laughed at me for walking around with 2 watches on). Of course, I reset and wiped before posting this.

Also, the heart rate is still completely broken on the home screen but still works fine in Universal launcher. The LED never even blinks.

Heart rate reading seem to work at rest (under 100 bpm), but still show random reading when not on wrist.

Well, that’s a limitation of the driver/hardware, those drivers are partially prebuilt so there is only so much that can be adjusted here.

Cosmetic issue: When long touch on the app drawer, the item is selected (like a click) before entering in overview and transition setting menu

You mean the highlight on the app icon? That is intended, since the launcher can’t predict if you do a short or long button press.

This firmware does not have the latest Google app, and 10 Google apps must be update after a factory reset […]

Those packages are distributed by mediatek and the last version is from march, unfortunately until an update is provided there isn’t much that can’t be done.

[…] lift to wake seems rather insensitive and sometimes VERY slow to respond […]

Have you read the post explaining the new wrist gesture orientation?

Also, the heart rate is still completely broken on the home screen but still works fine in Universal launcher. The LED never even blinks.

I assume it is about a custom watchface that initiates the heartrate reading?

3 Likes

Have you read the post explaining the new wrist gesture orientation?

Indeed I have. It almost never works as described.

I assume it is about a custom watchface that initiates the heartrate reading?

It’s with all clockskins, mine and the stock ones.

I tested on Beta 6 on both of my devices, the behavior is the same. I downgraded back to Beta 5 on one of them, did a wipe and in the process of restoring data so I can just use that again for now so the screen comes on a bit more reliably.

It’s with all clockskins, mine and the stock ones.

Can you provide an example watchface?

Indeed I have. It almost never works as described.

Strange, it works perfect for me, it might be even too sensitive now.
Which device are you using?

Edit:

A good way to test it, is to hold the watch straight (like it was lying on a table) and then just tilt it very slightly and slow forwards.

What is it? Can I use beta 6?

Can you provide an example watchface?

It’s the one in my volume app thread here. Again, the stock ones have the same problem.

Strange, it works perfect for me, it might be even too sensitive now.
Which device are you using?

Lem14 a.k.a. Rogbid Brave Pro a.k.a. S10.

A good way to test it, is to hold the watch straight (like it was lying on a table) and then just tilt it very slightly and slow forwards.

Same, hardly ever works.

Seems to work fine, shows the same heartrate as measured on the app.

heartrate

Ok, I’m glad it’s working for you (edit: not saying this facetiously). However, I’m 100% sure it’s broken here for me. It’s stuck on 103. After reboots and resets, it never changes, even on the stock clockskins. Again, it doesn’t even TRY to read, the LED never blinks but it works just fine with Universal Launcher.

Update: Now I’m just stuck on 000. Still not seeing the LED even trying.

On my lem14, the default watchface and my custom one report the heart rate correctly with B6.

1 Like

After a day using the new implementation of the lift to wake, I must say that I prefer the previous methode. Now, most of the time, I found myself using the double tap to wake the screen (faster). So here is two suggestion about this feature:

• Make a survey in this thread about witch implementation that people prefer
    or:
  • Create a configuration panel with a long press in the quick setting (lift to wake button) that will allow:
    • Select the sensitivity (and/or any other relevant parameters like x,y,z angle to wake and threshold)
    • Bonus: select the prefer implementation (B6 or legacy)

Also, the lift to wake should not trigger when the wrist is in the opposite direction (45 deg reverse). With B6, I found that the screen always turn on while I type on the keyboard.

1 Like

Tilt to wake uses far more power than double tap and this is why we introduced it.
Fine tuning of the tilt sensor is not possible. There are a couple of parameters that can be used but not sensitivity or anything like that.

3 Likes

When will be official release? :grin::grin: Waiting for beta go become official

Downloaded beta 6 for lem14

Everything seems ok…

Regarding the new tilt to wake…

In my openion its difficult to master at first because it requires very very light tilt … which is hard to acheive fast if you were used to a bit harder tilt from the previous method…

Anyway i wasnt a fan of tilting to wake…

Still not a fan of that …

Prefering the double tap method which is great feature of this international firmware

Thanks

1 Like

So far I’ve not run into any issues with B6. I really like the enhancements made for the volume and desktop. I’m not a tilt to wake kinda guy so I’ll stick with the double tap.

NOTE: I did not do a reset, but will if I run into an issue prior to reporting here. Thanks again for the continued work and support.

1 Like

You will be waiting a very long time.
It may never go OTA because the brands may not be totally in agreement with the choices we have made - even though they are necessary.
This is why we prefer to stay “unbranded” and not upset them.
The solution provider is supporting us with the firmware, not the brands.

2 Likes

Just a heads up:

We will be releasing our FAW international firmware for the Optimus 2 soon, with all Google apps intact and with ridiculous apps removed.

This means that the “Dual System” mode (split launcher) will be gone.
You can enable power saving mode if you need to.
So, if you like to have the two launchers for the same OS - I advise you to stick with the stock firmware.

We have been tackling a power consumption issue but we have made a lot of progress. Hopefully we can release it soon :+1:

8 Likes

Updated all builds on the original post.
These are de-facto final V1.2 builds that will be posted as well on the corresponding threads if no major issue is found here.

Thanks to the beta testers for their continuous testing and feedback.

8 Likes

No… Thank you!

1 Like

This happens only on Beta6?

Beta6 is not the latest version, it would be just helpful to know if this only happens since Beta6 or on previous versions as well.

2 Likes