International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

As requested. I am so out of my element on this task:-)

Debug.txt

1 Like

stock firmware all the way up to 1.2 b2. after that nope. so how do i do a log cat?

If you provide the problematic watchface we can check what might cause the issue.

aqua blue 1111 - Google Drive try this link. the problem is with any weather touch zone on any watch face

If you replace in clock_skin.xml:
com.android.watchweather.WeatherActivity
with
com.android.watchweather.MainNewActivity
It will work…
Ps: I obtain this the weather app new name with the app: Package Names

2 Likes

We have already provided a solution to this

3 Likes

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu Thanks mate.
I had assumed that this was already tried and had not worked…
@none let’s forget about the weather touch zone issue…:handshake:

2 Likes

thanks for all of the different suggestions. personally, i think it’s a conflict in the new code for the new firmware that doesn’t like the weather touch zone, so i’ll just design new watch faces with out them

To make any app work, go to adb shell then run pm list packages. Find the app you are looking to get working from the clock face, and then run dumpsys package | grep name.of.package | grep -i activity. Find the main launcher activity. If you son’t see anything there, just remove the last grep and look at everything. One of the items listed will be the main launcher. You can test it by running am start -n "name.of.package/.name.of.activity"

If the activity listed starts with a “.” (i.e. com.app.name/.MainActivity) then prefix it with the package name (i.e. com.app.name.MainActivity" This is the <cls> part of the 100 array in the xml. Of course the <pkg> section is the app name itself. With this, you can setup any touch zone (arraytype of 100) to run any app you want. :beers:

1 Like

This is good information for some people, but for everyday users - be very careful with what you do with this or don’t try it.

You will end up having to re-flash stock firmware if you end up with a soft brick device.

Hi all,
Regarding ADB, if I do a ADB backup before a firmware upgrade, and ADB restore after the firmware upgrade/factory reset, is the watch going to be in the same state as if no factory reset was done? (an unstable state)

@tobor I would imagine so since the adb backup is backing up all of the user data partition. This would effectively put the device in to a similar state as it was before, negating most of the benefits of the reset.

1 Like

Just remember that userdata is encrypted in A10.
I am unsure if you will be able to restore it without issues.
Just so you know…

I will try upon my next factory reset (next beta or official release), and let you know the result. Thanks for the info!

Location, Location

Hi All,
Using FAW B4 on Lem 14 equivalent. Also have Ticwatch Pro 2020 (comparing stats)
Having issues with the GPS
When loading google maps the GPS locks position inside my house within a few seconds. However, using the stock activity tracker the GPS has issues and delivers anomalies such as the screenshot
speedwalk suggesting the GPS locked a false start or end position during a brief walk.
I also had crazy turn-by-turn feedback using Sygic navigation software used in a car whereby the GPS position seemed to be jittery and unstable.
This could be a limitation of the radio aerial in the watch although the Ticwatch seems to track ok using strava.

In other respects, the watch / phone behaves well under a variety of usage such as:
streaming music / making & receiving phone calls via bluetooth to Bose earbuds;
USB file transfers connected to Chromebook;
Google pay without NFC;
Online banking transactions;
Whatsapp video chats; and
Battery usage appears normal given the activity driven thru the device.

I find using the Assistive Touch app is essential to avoid using the physical buttons and clearing any apps lingering in memory and access to watch settings that aren’t available other than on the home screen (watch face).

One final note, I have both Lift to wake & Tap the wake switched ON to avoid depressing the power button to activate the display. Latency is annoying at times.

Cheers

Updated builds to BETA5, please report back any bugs or problems.

6 Likes

I just installed B5 on my watch, and didn’t find any difference from B4 beside the battery saver not anymore in power menu. Here some comments:

• It will be great to have the latest google app in the final 1.2. When we start Google Play, we have to update many Google apps: Chrome, clock, message, Google, Contacts, etc.
  • @pablo11 The adb backup is working (got a 400mb archive), but the adb restore is not (probably due to A10)
  • Android backup still working, but no way to restore the data

That all for the moment, now back to a 2 hours of apps restore/configuration! :roll_eyes:

I know it’s recommended to fully reset after upgrade but I haven’t yet. So, this is what I’ve noticed without the reset. If I noticed any issues, I’ll surely reset before mentioning;-)

My issue with notifications and the Blink app have been fixed.
Battery saver move back to settings is “cleaner” and easily accessible.

@none, @pablo11 and others - You all are beasts! Thank you again for the continued support.

I usually test everything before wiping. Usually find some bugs and need to wipe but between B4+ and B5, everything seems to be working just fine without a reset here as well.

@pablo11 I thought I had read somewhere that the Google backup was being worked on. Is that still in the works for upcoming releases?

It is not working - we thought it was but it is not.
We know that the cause is and we need to discuss with Wiiteer whether we can add this in to the International FAW version or not.
We will test it, but if it causes battery drain or any other issues, we will leave it.

2 Likes