International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

Hi @chris_johnson
Not sure what you mean by “touch zone”…?
You have some working and some not?
What is a touch zone in your opinion?

I use wfd 14.2 to design my faces, in the program there are touch zones a person can use for different applications to open. The weather touch spot does not open weather

I suspect that the underlying code used for this activity has changed and needs to be adjusted when you build a watch face.
It should be discussed in the WFD thread.

1 Like

Thank you, maybe i will just redo the face

I have sent you a pm how to do this :+1:

1 Like

I recently took delivery of a Rogbid Brave Pro from Tomtop and understand it is an equivalent to Lemfo Lem14. Specs incl. 4GB/64GB stock android version 10 etc. Came with the hockey puck charging dock that is probably its weak link.

After reading all the issues with stock firmware and recognising all the good work of the active team of developers and contributors I wasted no time in downloading the FAW 1.0 and 1.1 and refreshed my watch.

Happy to report the FAW firmware is a credit to all concerned.
Battery life is “as expected”, not great but can leave it on for 2 days without dying and I have installed a battery manager that reports all is normal.

Sorry to learn my watch is probably not waterproof to 5ATM as per experience by @akirax23 although his problem might be isolated or related to a loose fitted SIM cover, who knows?

I don’t understand why technology exists to download an eSim into a phone and yet the phone watches haven’t embraced this and instead continue to incorporate a SIM slot that is prone to water ingress and compromise the watch’s waterproof status. Weird!

My watch doesn’t have NFC which is functionality that is extremely useful for “tap and go” google payments. Its absence almost makes the watch a deal-breaker.
Regarding Google Pay, the stock firmware would not allow me to load details citing security concerns. However, now I have the FAW firmware I have been able to load my Visa and AMEX card onto the watch and can pay with Paypal on the watch…but no NFC, a real shame.

The camera allegedly was spec’d at 13MP on the side camera, auto focus etc. But in reality the maximum image size is 5Mb. Not sure what this equates but image is OK auto focus might work but no macro for close ups. Front camera was used on a video chat and feedback was complementary regards image quality.

QR code scanning is a regular activity in NSW Australia for Covid19 location tracking. Unfortunately, my watch fails to recognise any QR code either through my Covid app or through a dedicated QR Scanning app. Never tried using stock firmware but not working with my watch running FAW. Might be the watch(?) Anyone else with this experience?

In summary, Its great having the watch with a phone on your wrist and no need to pair with the phone, ok for fitness, walking and cycling and everything works with the above caveats.

Thanks again to the FAW team for this excellent firmware.

Regarding the QR code scanning, since the side camera is not autofocus, a close shot to a QR code is blurry and cannot be decoded by the software. I have some result with the front camera, probably because the fix focus is closer.

Thanks for welcome feedback.
Actually, have taken pic of QR code on pixel 3a and pointed side / rear camera on Lem14 at the image and was successful in scanning the code. Success!
The camera was spec’d as auto focus but take your point it is NOT.

On this scanning topic, I attempted to scan the QR code for the WIFI home connection through Settings / Network & internet and the software feature keeps crashing. Wasn’t sure whether the watch scanning feature was the problem but now suspect the firmware. Anyone else with similar experience?

You are using the stock firmware?
Or the FAW international firmware?

Was using the FAW V1.1 but decided to assist with beta testing and now running V1.2-B4

So far, can’t fault it!

Thanks, ok I will move your posts above to the beta testing thread. :+1:

With regard to beta experience, I also have loaded Assistive touch app for soft switching settings and launching other apps.
My question is whether I should remove this utility app to gain a better appreciation of the native firmware and tease out any glitches?
Appreciate your advice. Cheers.

The answer is no, as knowing if it works with other apps is also important.

1 Like

The problem started with beta 1.2 version 2. Everything up to this was fine. Even worked good in the f.a.w. versions

I have installed Blink software and have run into a problem that didn’t exist in B2 and previous versions. Remember I didn’t use B3. On every prior version I’ve used I would get a ‘standard’ notification in the notifications screen when my cameras have been triggered.

Now, in B4+ I get the notification (sound & vibrate) as expected, BUT, no indication in the notifications screen. Instead, when I double tap or use power button to open watch, I am in the ‘Recent’ tab with the Blink app showing as if it had been a recently opened app.

Other notifications I receive like fit, sms, google voice seem to be working normally.

If you could provide a logcat when that happens, that would be very helpful.

So does it work OK with the stock firmware on the Prime 2?
If it was working before on stock and the previous beta release and you have made a factory reset and it is still not working - then we will need a logcat for more details.

1 Like

As requested. I am so out of my element on this task:-)

Debug.txt

1 Like

stock firmware all the way up to 1.2 b2. after that nope. so how do i do a log cat?

If you provide the problematic watchface we can check what might cause the issue.