International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

Well I installed the transition beta for LEM14 and it works fine, even has the steps count ready for when I stand up from this desk … But when I tried to install b.1.4 over it, it errored. Is that what’s supposed to happen with this build? Note: I didn’t factory reset after installing the BETA because I understood a reset is now built into the upgrade. But I can do it if that’s what’s required for the b.1.4 to work …

by transition beta, do you mean the new zips that are named v1.3-BETA? if so, then it is v1.3b4 that you have installed already and there’s no need to try to install the other zip for v1.3b4. There’s no middle stage, either zip brings you directly to v1.3b4

2 Likes

Ah, good, yes that’s what I did. I thought I needed to install this transition build in order to, er, transition to build 1.3b4. So I’m up to date!

Note, I stood up from my desk, as threatened, and the step count has disappeared. It was showing 5 zeroes so I had my hopes up it would count, but after I’ve moved around it shows nothing, as before.

The step counter on the bottom launcher widget?

step

Well, I was looking at the one on my actual clockface. But looking at the one on the bottom launcher widget, that now reads -5906 … when I’ve probably walked about 200 steps in my house!

I have a really hard time to reproduce this issue, are there any other applications installed that might interfere with the step sensor?

1 Like

The only other thing installed was Watch Droid Assistant. I’ve now installed a Pedometer, but the problem was happening before I installed it. I’d rather use the watch’s own counter than an external one.
(Edit) I’ve just tried two different faces with a step counter on, and while they show steps in the small ‘preview’, when you’re choosing the face, as soon as I apply it the pretend step count vanishes. I’ll attach a couple of photos showing the blank space where the steps should be, and the negative count on the interface display.

Can you share a photo of your firmware version from the About Watch section in settings.?
Just want to absolutely confirm what version you are using and also just checking that you did a factory reset after you updated to the version you are on?

I am asking this because the issue in the bottom photo should not be happening in the last version.

1 Like

@Alexcomrad I understand what you are saying and I think it is getting to the point where we will have to completely re-organise this section and the related threads.

It has become very confusing and “scattered”.

This is just not sustainable

a) People having upgrade issues.
b) People expecting beta firmware to be used as daily firmware.
c) People asking for functionality that is outside of this project.

These are the main issues that have brought us to where we are - in a mess.

We need to return to the real reason we were asked to do this.
The agreement with the solution provider is:
a) to provide a firmware for international users who are using Google apps and syncing their Google data.
b) to remove or replace Chinese web dependencies that were in the stock firmware (due to the great firewall)
c) get the best battery life possible by removing custom apps and “just make it work!” solutions.
d) improve security

These are and will be our main focus with this project.
So - I believe the best way forward is to have a stable base version that meets these criteria (like we had for the Prime 2 when all this started) and then the beta section for the testing of future UI improvements etc.
I think this is where we need to be again.
With one, clear set of instructions for the update process.
If that process does not suit everyone - we should not change it.
It should be understood by all, and not customised for a couple of users who have issues with it.
That is why we have ended up in this whirlwind.
We will have a discussion internally about how we get back to that place of stability.

Thread closed until new structure is in place .

Cheers.
Pablo11

12 Likes

@pablo11 You asked me to upload a photo of the version details on my watch - sorry I got to your request later than the thread was closed. Here’s the photo. I hadn’t factory reset because my understanding was that all the new builds had that as part of the upgrade process now. Anyway, I did a factory reset this morning and the step counter issue is still there on the LEM 14. This morning it showed something like -3700 immediately after the reset (when I’d only come downstairs!), and I’ve subsequently been out for a coffee, a five minute walk there and back. Coming back, it now shows -27620 on the slide-up interface widget.

However, the Watch Droid phone edition, when synched with the watch, shows a probably accurate count of 1626 steps - so the watch seems to be counting the steps properly but for some reason not displaying them correctly, either on a watch face or in the slide-up Health widget.

Edit: since I’ve been sitting here writing this post, the step count has changed to -37376, with a calorie count of -0.2 and kilometre measurement of -27.1km!

Yes I understand and thanks.

That version has bugs that were fixed in 1.3beta4.
This must be the previous 1.3 beta…

Okay. When I tried to install the v4 beta over this yesterday, it errored out and @none said I shouldn’t try that anyway … :slight_smile: Seeing as I’ve now factory reset myself, should I try reinstalling v4 beta again, or will it error out?

Loved Beta 4v battery last almost 3 days maybe even more if I don’t torture him :grin:.When notifications will be fixed this would be very firmware for me :+1::+1::+1:

1.3 B4 is still not working well here for me. The step counters for UL are crazy off…like by a factor of 3. Something is seriously wrong with this since 1.3. So, here’s a summary:

1. Step counters are still seriously fucked.
  2. Battery is shiite. I’m burning 3.5-5%/hr. on 1.3 (any version) where I’m typically burning about 2.5-3% on 1.2
  3. Notification vibrations do not work at all…like no where.
  4. The bootup sound is missing and so is the option to enable it.

I stopped looking for anything else after 36 hours of use on 1.3B4. Here’s hoping this information helps make 1.4 the best yet :slight_smile:

Just a bit of feedback from me ref 1.3 B3 as i mentioned above its stable and im loving it.

But i have had twice the issue when starting that UL does not start properly when powering up the watch (i think we found it was permissions) and the watch is unusable unitil it decides to bring up the app crash window and even then close app does not do anything but tapping on App Info allows me to set it as the home app again and it seems to work.

Again not sure if this is the firmware or a UL issue but its something that would be good to get fixed

Thanks

Thanks.
But hold that thought until we get back to testing :+1:

1 Like