International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

Universal Launcher crashes after I updated to FAW v1.3.

Did you factory reset before you install it?

If problem persists after a factory reset then it will be a permissions problem or something like that.

I did every time with each new firmware

1 Like

Might be worth asking Eric about it in universal launcher support thread?

Edit:
You are aware that you can modify the font size?

1 Like

A bit over dramatic, are we?
It is considered beta for a reason, those changes are subject to change and reported bugs are going to be fixed.
And as I linked on my previous post, you can just flash back to the default firmware.

2 Likes

I totaly agree.

2 Likes

The reason why the music player was removed, is because it was a prebuilt application that only used the launcher as ‘control unit’. It is currently the same situation with the fitness application.
This is something that i personally don’t like (forced external dependencies), that’s why the step counter and weather were remade as a launcher built-in.
The philosphy here is: either have it built into the launcher or only have a external app.

I might build a replacement for the music player as soon as all the current bugs on the launcher are ironed out.

3 Likes

Strava finds gps faster on faw1.3b1 than on 1.2, from what I experience

1 Like

Today I tested the new versions (1.0, 1.2 PRIME2 battery level 50%). In both versions, the battery charge control malfunctions. If I connect the watch to a constant stable 5 volts, after about 10 minutes, the charging current will start to fluctuate. It ranges from 0.2 to 0.6A for about 0.5 minutes.
It then rises to 1.3-1.4A and the watch heats up a lot. At 1.4 firmware, 0.65A current consumption is stable up to 90% of the battery. It then decreases continuously. (As it should be) I reset to 1.4 and it works fine again. That’s why I think it’s a software bug. I also tried it with 3 different chargers and a lab power supply. (Each device works flawlessly)

3 Likes

Interesting, i never encountered this issues because i’m mostly charging via the USB computer ports.
One potential fix would be to limit the non-data USB chargers to 650mA.

I will later provide a new build with the proposed fix.

2 Likes

You’re right! I also tried a computer. There’s 0.5A of charging current, but because USB controls back to 4.85 volts. Computer USB and 1.4 firmware 0.65A.

1 Like

Edit:
This version has been replaced with a newer build.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting the updates @none.

Testers: please test the map tracking function in the fitness app that shows where you have been on an outdoor activity.

Edit - forgot that this one does not have the map integration. Will need to decide which version of the fitness app to use.

Also noticed that the animation component of the stock Opt 2 face is missing…

2 Likes

Hello, I wanted to know if the beta 1.3 will also be available for the lemfo lem 12 pro so that I can try it and give you feedback on any problems. Thanks as always for your work.

2 Likes

It’s on its way.
But there a few bugs to fix.

2 Likes

I have started to use FAW-OPTIMUS2-V1.3-B2. Thank you update at many frequency. Great.

I found permission error(?) of full control for third party apps. Please see the picture:

Some apps needs full control permission, but at V1.3-B2 I can’t give permission. At V1.2RC2, I can.

BR

I can’t reproduce this, could you provide me an example app?

if you use any app that stays in the foreground, like for example “floating toucher”, that might be the reason

2 Likes