International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

In the original firmware the camera worked properly for video calls. One of the main selling points of this watch is the ability to do video calls. So basically you’re saying we can never do video calls on this watch in the future? I saw a thread where you said you were fixing it in the next release. What happened? You were going to add a button for flipping the camera. Thank you in advance for answering my questions. You are really doing some great work so don’t take what I’m saying the wrong way. It just takes away a lot from the watch not being able to do video calls.

No, I’m saying that if the camera rotation is important for you then you should stay with the stock firmware version and not use the international firmware until we can find a way to fix it.

2 Likes

Thank you again… Everything you’re doing is making this watch so much more usable.

Our good friend Mr Ticks is making a video about how this update is done and a few cool tips…
For example this whole process can be achieved by using only the watch connected to Wi-Fi…
He will post it soon :+1:

2 Likes

Feedback update: I found that the battery lasts longer with my daily use, I arrive safely in the evening with still about 40-50% without making any particular restrictions. SIM inserted with active data and connected with bluetooth to the smartphone for notifications. For the photos I noticed that now I am really 13 mpx and the images look sharper and I am very satisfied, and it is amazing with this smartwatch you can take both good photos and videos :grin::grin:. GPS, bluetooth and wifi work perfectly. I also noticed the video calls with the image upside down but I think this can be solved. For me this update is great :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Upcoming changes:

• added automatic weather update on system wakeup; with a internal 15min pause timer.
  • added control setting for system wakeup timeout.
  • adjusted volume gains for a more balanced output between the lowest and highest setting.
  • changed timeout setting to affect every wakeup source; not just the wrist gesture.
  • fixed inconsistent battery gauge on LEM12 Pro.
  • fixed low volume on camera sound recording.
  • fixed notification sound for incoming messages.
  • fixed weather update when opening the widget drawer.
  • re-added default android notification bar for third party launchers.
  • updated google modules to april version.

Proposed changes:

• added camera switch button on the powermenu (for Prime2; as long as Kospet is ok with this).
9 Likes

I tried to update without flash tools and after the installation started the update gave me an error and restarted at the origin ie v.1.4 Can you help me with that? Thank you.

Thanks, it worked on the second try.

1 Like

Its a great. Thanks. Spotify and YouTube Music and some macrotool use notification bar for control them. And automatic weather update is that I want to do at macrotool. Thank you.

2 Likes

I no over the time Ike’s I have been using the new update it’s pretty darn fast because yesterday I flashed it back to the stock version just to try to update it without flash tools it worked but the old version was so laggy lol and confusing
I think watches are lagging in finger print scan easy unlock as phone have those it would be good if the watches had it
Another’s I don’t like about the firmware is that when I run a app which requires more RAM is that when I play a game or I’m in a middle of a game and I want to touch a button I will have to close the whole game to make is square/round I think the next update or future it should be fixed but mostly in some of the apps it works .
Has anybody tried Snapchat on the prime 2 please let me know I have a question about the app and camera.

I never experienced it as laggy, but I had it in performance mode all the time so maybe that made a difference

yeah, I’m using snapchat on it

It may be lack of factory reset - I also never have any issues with speed.
In fact these 8 core devices are way OTT in my opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess it was because it was newly flashed thats why

Do the filters work like the small face on the right side of the (take picture button) because for me i keep touching or pressing it still does not open filters any solution… or it happens for everybody

nope, those filters has never worked on the prime 2 (or it might have been one time it glitched into working, I don’t quite remember), and if I remember correctly, it is a long while since they worked on my android 7 watch (last time was probably in 2019)
I have a question for you as well, on the international firmware, are you able to use snapchat in square mode?

And here it is

Awesome work @SmartWatch_Ticks

Appreciated

2 Likes

That’s odd… It looks exactly like the one I posted in the top post of this thread yesterday… :sweat_smile::thinking:

But it is not there now… So never mind…
Knowing me I probably posted it in the wrong thread :joy:

Yep I posted it on the S10 thread because it is a LEM14 :sweat_smile:
So I have added it to the top post here as well now.

1 Like

Whoops :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::+1: