International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

doing this will not in anyway change my sim card i.e i wont lose my contacts stored on my sim
???

No. But you can remove your SIM card before flashing, if you like…:wink:

I am sure i am not the only one who doesnt know what TWRP and OTA stand for . Please tell me and what does “flashing” mean . Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question just stupid people !
Dont use letters to represent words . We are not all totally computer savvy. please .
I love my prime 2 and want it as efficient as possible but i must understand what i am doing.
It took me ages to work out FAW means full android watch …

OTA" means “over the air”. This means that an update is transmitted directly to your watch via mobile data or wireless lan. In this case you only have to confirm the installation on the watch. If an update is not made available “OTA”, it can also be installed manually. A Windows PC is required for this. This process is called flashing.
And TWRP is not relevant to you at the moment. I would like to clarify this later.:wink:

2 Likes

I would think that even most of the people who know what TWRP is, don’t know what it actually stands for, but I can tell you that it stands for “team win recovery project”. It is the most known custom recovery, with the biggest competitor being CWM (clockwork mod). But as G1N says it’s not relevant to you at the moment. TWRP is not something you would normally manage to flash by accident, so there’s no need to worry about that happening

1 Like

Here is a small list of intended changes that are planned for the next preview version:

• Software keyboard will use fullscreen mode by default to avoid layout issues caused by the limited display space:
    keyboard

• The camera rotation toggle is being placed on the powermenu to have it accessible for third party apps:
    camera

• The poweroff and reboot button will revert back to a short press touch to make it less confusing.

• Google applications and modules are updated to the current revision.

• Weather can be updated by third-party apps with a broadcast:
    am broadcast -n com.android.watchweather/.WeatherNewAppWidget

• Global density is slightly decreased to fit more content on the screen.

• Font size steps are slightly increased to offset the density change and to have a larger overall impact.

• CPU frequency underclocking/undervolting adjusted to avoid instability.

7 Likes

I think I had a reboot with the stock launcher. It was actually more of a soft reset than a hard reboot as before. The watch face reset itself and apps that were in memory no longer were. It happened about 12:20ish. I see in the log there are fatal signals at 12:21:53 - logcat3.txt - Google Drive

2 Likes

I think this might be caused by the kernel, there is some slight undervolting/underclocking in place that might be too aggressive for some devices.

2 Likes

Does anyone has any idea when they keep their kp2 on 100 at night what is the battery in morning (WiFi off nothing running background)
My watch decreases to 93% this scares me and makes me nervous

I was looking forward to this Andy the flip camera will really help me in third party apps

You can check here to get more information what might causes battery drain on your device.

Edit:
Battery usage looks fine on my device, this is with WIFI enabled and SIM card:

battery2

The app i’m using is AccuBattery.

3 Likes

Why?
Have you thought of charging it overnight via an outlet timer that turns the power on a couple of hours before you wake up?

Hi
I have been a long time lurker( had a prime but gave it to my Son so now have the prime 2) but had to join to say thanks for this firmware.
Battery life is a lot better in 12 hours (2100 - 0900 ) 5% battery loss
I tried for hours to flash watch on my desktop, but could not get flash tool to recognize watch , borrowed my sons laptop and it flashed first time no problem

2 Likes

It’s a wonderful new firmware. But how older clock faces are affected, which have the ability to access applications quickly through array buttons. Are the package names the same as Google dial or Google messenger, which I used with the old firmware? Are the Settings and Weather the same?

I think my watch has a problem today I charged it to 100% made it to 90% and kept it with me (WiFi off no sim) and after 12hours battery was at 75% this is not good result. Like where does the 15%battery fly
I will surely try your app and check my progress btw how did u take a screen shot

…no I meant charging it to 100%and keeping it with me overnight and in morning battery decreases. Today I did it again from 90% battery after 12 hours battery was 75 very disappointing

I would factory reset and test with no apps installed.
We are getting 0.5 % per hour in standby which is pretty damn good.

After factory reset you should install a power monitor as @none mentioned before.

Just out of curiosity…what apps do you have installed at the moment?

1 Like

A lot has changed when using array 100 with old faces . Google message is one of them . I started altering my favourite clockskins one by one manually .

1 Like

HEHehhehehhehehehhehehehehehehehehheheheheh
I m glad you asked but I don’t think that should affect the battery as they are only installed not on use let me make a vid and show you…

It is not letting me upload the video I tried many times I’ll send pics then