Inconsistent notifications

Hi all,

I am using the watch as a standalone device with a SIM card and 3G/BT/GPS activated. Battery life sucks but 4 hours is most times enough for my needs.

My major complaint is that app notifications are inconsistent.

I do not know why but I have some apps that always show notification (WhatsApp, GMail) and other apps that never do (Withings home, SmartThings).

I cannot understand why this is happening. Settings app on the watch is a a very stripped down version of Vanilla Android so I cannot do much about it.

If I go to the uninstall apps menu in settings I can toggle notification on/off per application but the problem remains.

Anyone facing the same issue? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance.

May 8, 2017 18:48:57 GMT 1 tsi said:
Hi all,

I am using the watch as a standalone device with a SIM card and 3G/BT/GPS activated. Battery life sucks but 4 hours is most times enough for my needs.

I do not know why but I have some apps that always show notification (WhatsApp, GMail) and other apps that never do (Withings home, SmartThings).

I cannot understand why this is happening. Settings app on the watch is a a very stripped down version of Vanilla Android so I cannot do much about it.

If I go to the uninstall apps menu in settings I can toggle notification on/off per application but the problem remains.

Thanks a lot in advance.

using all connectivities and do’nt forget sensors also work in the background and you want the battery to last longer?? do’nt think so:) 

i’m sure the notifications app will be updates soon and i do’nt think there will be these kind of issue, i’m assuming you are using the stock notifications app, right? have you tried m2d? works with all connectivities but i recommend it with BT manager app.

This is a running problem, my Zeblaze Blitz has/had the same problem. As I noted in my thread, I’ve sometimes had to try multiple apps to find one that works (email we tried BlueMail, Inbox by Google and finally Gmail for example). I’m rather curious as to why it happens.

May 9, 2017 8:40:10 GMT 1 javarod said:
This is a running problem, my Zeblaze Blitz has/had the same problem. As I noted in my thread, I've sometimes had to try multiple apps to find one that works (email we tried BlueMail, Inbox by Google and finally Gmail for example). I'm rather curious as to why it happens.

It is unbelievable that notifications are not consistent. Why is that? Can we fix it?

May 8, 2017 22:18:09 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

May 8, 2017 18:48:57 GMT 1 tsi said:
Hi all,

Thanks a lot in advance.

using all connectivities and do’nt forget sensors also work in the background and you want the battery to last longer?? do’nt think so:)

i’m sure the notifications app will be updates soon and i do’nt think there will be these kind of issue, i’m assuming you are using the stock notifications app, right? have you tried m2d? works with all connectivities but i recommend it with BT manager app.

Can you please give exact name of BT manager app as in Google play.
You’re using m2d receiver and m2d sender? Thank you very much

May 19, 2017 20:39:04 GMT 1 dakrizma said:

May 8, 2017 22:18:09 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Can you please give exact name of BT manager app as in Google play. You're using m2d receiver and m2d sender? Thank you very much

m2d sender for the phone and m2d reciever for the watch and on both of them m2d BT manager.