I killed my Zeblaze Thor pro 3g

i dont have problems with the bluetooth connection to much in my iphone, if i use to much the phone watching videos in youtube of course i do have problems because the phone get hot and will disconnect , but so far the connection has been good and i check every single moment and you can feel the vibration when is disconnected.

leafar

seriously guys:) you asking toooooooooooooooooooooo much from your smartwatch, REMEMBER it is a small small device, it is’nt meant to be use fully as a phone \tablet, yes, i use it as a standalone device but not as i use my phone. there are certain things i do with my watch like activities tracking, workouts…which i prefer over my phone but other stuff like mails, documents, videos these i use my note5 which meant for these. no watch will give you that type of usage, or i’m wrong seb84

?

Jun 30, 2018 10:54:51 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:leafar

seriously guys:) you asking toooooooooooooooooooooo much from your smartwatch, REMEMBER it is a small small device, it is’nt meant to be use fully as a phone \tablet, yes, i use it as a standalone device but not as i use my phone. there are certain things i do with my watch like activities tracking, workouts…which i prefer over my phone but other stuff like mails, documents, videos these i use my note5 which meant for these. no watch will give you that type of usage, or i’m wrong seb84

?

as i stated a few times, my wear device do all that everybody asking for always. initial setup on phone finished this does also everything standalone.

BUT its a rooted wear device. All apps just possible to run through adb installs. You need knowledge and some time, to use such a device. standard users will not spend the learning time on such a thing.

The ferace is fully possible to do all this and battery is good through a full day, but as decribed in our chats the OS is a big pain and needs be modified in order to get all the software capabilites on this device.

Just forget all that above said. In general you ARE STILL RIGHT. They are tiny devices and need still a lot of development especially on the battery sides.

You can do a lot, but sure they have their limitations.

On this watches I would always suggest:

Root, than get a good setup with Greenify, de-bloat with Lucky Patcher and a good data explorer (total commander) and Automate as much as possible (E-Robot, Tasker).

You can still get a full day with a sync. every hour (emails chats etc.), but it needs some time to test the settings for yourself.

Jun 30, 2018 12:59:51 GMT 1 seb84 said:

?

as i stated a few times, my wear device do all that everybody asking for always. initial setup on phone finished this does also everything standalone.

BUT its a rooted wear device. All apps just possible to run through adb installs. You need knowledge and some time, to use such a device. standard users will not spend the learning time on such a thing.

The ferace is fully possible to do all this and battery is good through a full day, but as decribed in our chats the OS is a big pain and needs be modified in order to get all the software capabilites on this device.

Just forget all that above said. In general you ARE STILL RIGHT. They are tiny devices and need still a lot of development especially on the battery sides.

You can do a lot, but sure they have their limitations.

On this watches I would always suggest:

Root, than get a good setup with Greenify, de-bloat with Lucky Patcher and a good data explorer (total commander) and Automate as much as possible (E-Robot, Tasker).

You can still get a full day with a sync. every hour (emails chats etc.), but it needs some time to test the settings for yourself.

Good advice my friend but not always necessary. As I have demonstrated in several posts you can achieve decent battery life if you use your watch as it was intended. Like Sonia says it is a small device (watch) and not intended to be used the same way you use your phone with its 4000mah battery. Reading some posts and comments made on sellers listings etc. I see comments that say they only get 5 or 6 hours from a single charge. My thought is they turn everything on and then expect to get a full days use from a 400mah battery and then complain that the watch is useless. My I4 Air and Les 1 both get 30 to 40 hours, (60+ standby) of use with Sim installed, Pedometer "ON" plus BT  "ON" all the time to receive notifications from my phone. One of its most useful functions, in my opinion. I use occasional Wi-Fi and other functions like Maps Me, Reminders for medications etc. and turn them off when not needed. I also run Hibernation Manager for app control when the watch is asleep. I do not see a need to root or a lot of other things some users do thinking it improves the operation of their watch but often just creates more problems. My many watches have worked just fine using them in a practical manner, as intended. That said I decided to jump into the fire and after careful consideration of what is currently available ordered a Lem7, so I can experience first hand Android 7. I am not expecting a miracle but feel with the efforts being put forth by this board eventually it will be made whole. After I've had some time with it I may offer a comparison with my other watches. It should be fun.

true words captjon. handling is in many cases the biggest problem.

for me it was once important to get a real replacement, while i’ve worked a lot outside and had a lot of broken phones, through rough activities.
But since I work now more in office, its also not that important anymore to me.

?

No, i was talking about my phone the iphone,no the watch instead,what i mean if i use to much my iphone,the watch get disconnected,because  my iphone get hot ,i just notice,but overall the bluetooth is ok. i get 9 hour battery life a day with only bluetooth and i am ok with that,i wish to root the watch.
we need a separate thread or videos for better option or app when you root the watch

leafar

A7 watches will have as soon as possible root package:) something is draining your battery cos with only BT on you should at least get full 24hrs of usage.

i will do soon more videos on how to get better usage of battery.

btw, i do’nt let google update any up or sync any app, i do it manually so it wo’nt have any effect on battery usage.

Jun 30, 2018 21:38:49 GMT 1 leafar said:

?

No, i was talking about my phone the iphone,no the watch instead,what i mean if i use to much my iphone,the watch get disconnected,because  my iphone get hot ,i just notice,but overall the bluetooth is ok. i get 9 hour battery life a day with only bluetooth and i am ok with that,i wish to root the watch.
we need a separate thread or videos for better option or app when you root the watch

What advantage is there in rooting the watch? I see a few peeps are asking how to root it but never the reason why they want to do so

there is a lot of reason,when you do it you will find out.

d8nny
You can remove un wanted system files.
You can monitor better battery life.
You can actually customize the FW.

Thor Pro latest Firmware goo.gl/mxotg7

Jul 6, 2018 13:37:04 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Thor Pro latest Firmware goo.gl/mxotg7

Hi This thor pro firmware does it have any added apps like a calculator and screenlock or is it just a different version to what comes with the watch?

It look different to me, didn’t tested at all, but not Bluetooth calling feature

Jun 21, 2018 18:37:36 GMT 1 vidmas said:

Thor is alive again!!!

Any chance you can upload that version I have a Thor pro 3g with a currupt os

I was playing around with my Zeblaze Thor Pro 3g and trying to flash different firmware. I actually bricked my watch flashing it as a Thor S and had to wait 4 days for the battery to run out to re-flash it again. Then I flashed the Firmware mentioned above here. It was the only one I could find anywhere. No, I did not not back up my original… dumb I know.

It works well but has no bluetooth calling and I could not get WiiWatch original or 2 to work with it. I did get Watch Droid to connect but it constantly drops BT connection. This Firmware above is NOT THE STOCK Thor Pro 3g firmware. The watch now says it is a X300 watch.If anyone finds the ORIGINAL firmware… PLEASE post a link. Thanks :slight_smile:

x300 v1.4
drive.google.com/file/d/19olhBIxnZIA1di7hT5tbGdFogq1zXFCn/view?usp=drivesdk
twrp for the stock firmware 1.4

mega.nz/#!ccpFgJ7a!zMbVcu-sHxVA399i8tRIz7lSVqWGNuAO3944r7VJo1Y

Thank you for your reply leafar. I originally flashed using SP Flash Tool v5.1744 with a zip file containing a scatter file.My current version is x300 1.5. I downloaded your ZIP file (version X300 v1.4) which I was unable to extract. It is names Thor S and not Thor Pro… I sure don’t want to brick it again… I also understand that this file might need to be installed and flashed using TWRP.
I have not installed TWRP on my watch. Do you have a Thor Pro 3g ZIP file available with a scatter file?
Thanks

Jul 20, 2018 3:23:48 GMT 1 sidjones1 said:

did you have bt calls option before you flashed the watch with any firmware? for my understanding the pro does'nt have it.

Hi Sophie…I did not get it working with the stock rom, although I thought it was supposed to. I was mainly more interested in the tracking of health features and was trying to get WiiWatch 2 working. This is why I started fooling around with it. I have e-mailed Zeblaze too. Hopefully someone has the stock rom. Thanks

Jul 20, 2018 11:00:57 GMT 1 sidjones1 said:
Hi Sophie....I did not get it working with the stock rom, although I thought it was supposed to. I was mainly more interested in the tracking of health features and was trying to get WiiWatch 2 working. This is why I started fooling around with it. I have e-mailed Zeblaze too. Hopefully someone has the stock rom. Thanks

the zeblaze watches do'nt have this feature cos it is only done by the firmware team and only with companies that works with them.  are you sure the firmware that we have did'nt fix the watch, you must do reset before and after flashing in my opinion also install twrp and do hard reset from there way better than through settings.