How to modify the apk from Smash Smashin and replace with your watchface.

How to modify the apk from @Smash_Smashin and replace with your watchface.

This tutorial was requested from @INFOMUSICFilms

BUG: IF YOU INSTALL MORE THAN ONE OF WATCHFACE CREATED WITH THIS METHOD, YOU WILL HAVE WRONG PREVIEW WHEN SELECTING WATCHFACE. (I will look into it, when i have time)

Pre-requisites:

APK-Easy Tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/tool-apk-easy-tool-v1-02-windows-gui-t3333960

Watchface KW88 APK (Thx to @Smash_Smashin ): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9CObdbQsVIcRDRfM0JXUmIzQmc

Let’s start:

1. Decompile the APK (StarTrek) with APK-Easy Tool
  2. Go on decompiled folder (/res/drawable-hdpi-v4)
  3. Replace the following images inside:

img_clock_preview / img_dial / img_dial_2 / img_hour_hand / img_minute_hand / img_second_hand

1. Open AndroidManifest.xml on the root of decompiled folder and change the “StarTrek_xxxx” entry, with the name of the watchface you’re creating.
  2. Do the same thing as point “4” with the file /res/values/strings.xml
  3. Recompile the APK and transfer it on the smartwatch!

Thanks @Mirko_Genovese . Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks …tried it but stuck on recompiling.
To see if it worked (I don’t have the watch yet) I compiled the recompiled apk and look in this folder (/res/drawable-hdpi-v4)
There I find the old starttrek images instead of the ones I replaced them with ??

Got it…I removed the img_dial_2 as my new cf didn’t have one…then the compiling goes wrong…so only new ones with also a img_dial_2 will work

Mirko - Thanks a lot. I will try to recompile apk asap and send a link with ready file.

Pablo: do you think it’s a chance to prepare a new topic for watch faces (apk). I think Mirko has just made brakethrough. If that works it will solve many problems and make people happy.

Best regards

@Martin_Nijhuis You can’t simply delete the image “img_dial_2”, because the APK will try to search for it. If you simply delete it the compiling goes wrong. So instead, make a clone copy of the watchface image “img_dial” and simply call it “img_dial_2”

@INFOMUSICFilms No problem, profit. If you have some questions or need help, you can comment here.

it’s greate if we can create the apk which load images and xml from folders? so we don’t need to decompile and recompile the apk? is this possible? thanks.

@Julian_H_Jharrvis You can do it without decompile and compile, but you can only replace the image. You can’t change the name of the app. So if you install more than one, it will replace the old apk, or have error because app is already installed. Decompile and compile is very very easy

@Mirko_Genovese Probably a typo:

“img_hour_hand / img_minute_hand / img_minute_hand”

Should it be hour, minute a SECOND?

@Andrew_Davis Yes, Sorry. Now it’s ok

?.. I can open the AndroidManifest.xml (seems to open in web browser tab) but I can’t change anything… am I missing something?

I guess I need an xml editor…

Yes @Andrew_Davis use Notepad++ if you’re on Windows. Or simply open with notepad

I also went and sent a email to Lee Sun ( thanks @Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 for the email adress) asking to make it possible in future updates for the launcher of the KW88 to go and add new CF’s ourselves by simply putting them in a folder like other watches have.
Also asked to visit this Community …there are a lot of customers that have a wish for this feature. Would be great Customer service…
for (source:wikipedia):
Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. The perception of success of such interactions is dependent on employees “who can adjust themselves to the personality of the guest”

@Martin_Nijhuis Thanks, if you will have a reply let us know. I’m working on creating new watchfaces right now, i have some free time.

@Mirko_Genovese You have found a way around the bug?

Your own words>>>BUG: IF YOU INSTALL MORE THAN ONE OF WATCHFACE CREATED WITH THIS METHOD, YOU WILL HAVE WRONG PREVIEW WHEN SELECTING WATCHFACE

@Martin_Nijhuis No, right now not. I don’t know why

Our best chances are with the manufacturer making this possible in a update to come I think

hi mirko there is a guide to install on kw 88 ?
is just an apk ?

I install this apk . But my watch face are not showing . Watch stuck on wallpaper . Please help ma what we can do with my watch .