Hi new Need Help with 1st smart watch purchase

I really want to advise you against. This device is no longer up to date. Even if you only install Facebbook, you will bring the watch to its knees. I stopped doing it 2 years ago because it no longer makes sense.
The shape of this watch is great, but unfortunately the technology is no longer so.

I had switched to T-Mobile before any of them started doing this.

But I believe the At&T program is called Number SYNC and the T-Mobile program is called DIGITS.

I’m in USA …Ohio
I will take your advice. That’s a shame it’s such an awesome looking watch. The still sell for $160 usd on ebay.
I guess it would only make sense if I didnt want to install any apps

If you like the curved screen, look at this one. Not a full android watch, but Bluetooth caling, e SIM etc.
But a little bit pricy.

1 Like

Number sync for AT&T I think is only available for AT&T tablets or wearables.
I wish it was just an app I could put on the Lem 10.

Well , my preference is rectangular, landscape, form fitting, but I know I’m weird.

This is highly portrait mode and the camera does not point out outwards. :grin:

That was the watch that I first looked at but exactly right, too pricey.
I just refuse to pay that much for technology that will be outdated and unsupported in 1-3 years.
It would be one thing if it was just older slower or outdated. Now with Android I run the risk of having an unusable product if they force an update on my phone.

This wont help will it?

It should help with messages, but not with calling. They say you can initiate and accept calls through it, but the sound will still come out of your phone and it’s still the microphone on your phone that will be used

2 Likes

I have a LEM10 and for me it’s been a huge deception, quality control wise. Not sure how to proceed.

What would be the point in having that phone feature if you still needed the phone hardware…strange

1 Like

What dont you like about it?

The actual display (not the glass) and battery are the two things performing as expected. Everything else has problems:

Camera - heavy image distortion on the upper quintile and image looking like 0.2Mpx

Speaker - Cant watch a movie on it because at normal to low volume, dialogs and other quieter sounds are muted and everything above a volume threshold amplified.

I still like the watch.

GPS - works tolerable (barely so in dense woods), but any restart, airplane mode switch on/off SIM, sim card insertion will require internet connection in order for the agps data to refresh. I’ve been forced back home many times because of this.

Bluetooth - A little low powered, if you use true wireless which can only have the right ear as main unit, then you might experience a lot of stutter.

Glass on display came scratched from factory

Touch input poorly calibrated, getting better though with firmware updates (unofficial updates)

Heart rate sensor - works only indoors. (I bought a pulse belt)

Upper hardware button (back action) - becoming very lazy, needs a lot of pressure to work

Google play store severely limited - you need to download manually apks from third party sites.

Cell network reception in woods also rather poor but fine in urban areas.

Again, I had the watch on release week. I’m one of the first to get it, maybe quality control wasn’t the best then.

1 Like

Not necessarily QC. You make have gotten a pre-production model, on purpose or by accident.

1 Like

A couple of thousands units were relased first week in september. And trust me, there are quality control issues even in my zeblaze watch. I am a bit reluctant to buy another full android watch due to these problems.

1 Like

I’m not sure anyone said this…I suspect it unlikely for any watch that relies on Bluetooth to be able to connect to a phone in your car when you’re in a separate building.

I’d suggest, despite you saying you didn’t want one, a smartwatch with a SIM that can make
calls. You can get them as cheap as $5 a month (check amazon.com). (You could probably setup your cellphone to forward to the new number, so you don’t have to tell people what it is.)

I like the Lemfo LEM T … a big face, but that’s an advantage when using it! About $160 or so.

Thanks.
Yes that has been mentioned but I think it has to do with tinzen or other OS for watches connecting on the same wifi network as the phone. But this stuff is over my head . I’m new to all of this. There are a decent amount of articles on this. But looks like it may not be possible with a full android watch.

Forwarding wont work because I want to make and receive calls/text from the same #

Lem T is way too big for me and would count as a cellphone to my job. So I wouldn’t be able to bring it past our checkpoints

Yeah it seems like a sim may be the only realistic obtainable route…

I will check that Amazon link too.