Hi, i apreciatte some Help,

Hi, i apreciatte some Help, my No1 D5 get stuck on the logo face and always is rebooting , i try to flash the room, but get this message error in the process…

It looks like it is unable to see the watch. Take off the rear cover and disconnect the battery for 30 seconds and try again

notice behind the error box the phat is incorrect.
all the lines are empty
perhaps your flashing from the wrong folder

@Momi_Az good point - none of your files are selected - that’s what I get for replying using a phone :slight_smile:
You definitely have a problem with the source folder you are using - thanks @Momi_Az :slight_smile:

thank you all for the help, download the software again and flash tool, and it worked perfectly

@Javier_Guerra good to hear :slight_smile:

@Momi_Az thanks mate :slight_smile:

Where can I find software and tools for flashing the D5?

@STEPHAN_Wienands https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B303LpNHojzXUnZacXJqUmRSZnM

THE FRAME WARE IS A BIT OLD
CHECK
ON NO1 FOR LATEST

@Momi_Az thanks for this but really we need to get people to go to the guides section and the firmware section where they will find more up to date firmware and also tools.
But thanks for helping :slight_smile:

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 you’r right sorry
i just know how frustrating it can be some time trying to find something here
there are a lot of posts and lots of information
and its not so easy to find your way around it
i my self are trying to find a fix for an issue i have for 3 weeks now

@Momi_Az
It’s all good :slight_smile: What’s your issue?

3g network drooping
it come and go
most of the time cant make or receive calls
after restarting or going to plain mode and back or switching to 2g only fixes it but not for long

@Momi_Az ahh yes.
Unfortunately there is no fix for this. It is a cellular modem persist bug. Basically it does not persist :frowning:
There is no fix for this. The vendors have dropped support for this except one company - HEXXA - a European company who make a very nice version of this watch.
They are still working on the firmware for their watch and we keep in touch with them.
If they make any progress we will see what they come up with.

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 SAD TO HEAR THIS
THANKS FOR THE INFO PABLO

Io non ho piu la cartella efs dopo aver installato la rom 530 aiuto