Hi Everybody, I was playing with my previous model trying to find a way

Hi Everybody,

I was playing with my previous model trying to find a way so the watch automatically changes from day mode to night (glow) mode. So far I have managed to change it to night mode from 20:00 to 09:00 that is when the first digit in the hours is a 0 or 2. The Idea came after wathching Big Tic WF (posted a few days ago) works.

Basically what I have done is to add a layer (array hour) that pops up, behind the hands, whenever the first digit is a 0 or 2. The layer is a semitransparent black circle with the divisions of hours glowing. All PNGs are in the Zip for anyone who wants to make adjustment like darkner more theface… etc…

I think the system that I’m using should be very easy to improve, but my lack of time or skills in CSM, doesn’t allow me to go much further in my advances. Anybody knowing how to deal with multirotate in arrays (if it’s possible) should be able to improve the system and adjust it to night hours or maybe its easier just to change the timezone in this array as if it were another timezone, but I don’t know how to da that either

Please feel free to work with this model, and upload any improved version of it… Should be nice to make this watches to change from day to night by themselves… . The system is applicable to every watch.
Enjoy :slight_smile:

d9f3206bd9946b00ed71df010034841f.png

Great idea to try a night mode using the hour array. I can’t think of a way to change these nightly hours easily, so we’re stuck with the start at 20:00 Hours, and end at 09:59, which is a bit late for both evening and morning (depends on where you live ofcourse). But hey, this is virtual funstuff that has very short life anyway. I will create a BigTic Nightlight ABS (Amoled Battery Saver) version asap.

Hi Bokki Wokki, Another Idea I was working around, but this one I think was easier, was to make a big (very Big) png and use it in a rotate 24hors. Place the png center below the wach, lets say in x=0, y=1000 or 2000 depending on the size of the PNG, This picture should have 24 faces, (I really haven’t calculated the minimum size of the png, but shouldn’t be very difficult), leaving blank the spaces corresponding to the day hours and placing a transparent dark face in the night hours you wanted to have dark face… But the problem I was facing just thinking about it was the size of the PNG: I don’t know if the watch could handle a file that big, in in terms of size (pixels), weight of the file and so far out of the center (0,0). (I don’t have my watch yet), and that the transition from one hour to the next should be hour by hour, not just a bit every few minutes, since you would see the face passing by the the watch not static on top of it. But this is an alternative system that could be another solution where you can actually chose night and day for each hour.
Just some other ideas I was playing to solve this. :)… If somebody else has some ideas… :slight_smile: just for fun…
And you are correct the system in this watch is dark until 09:59 :slight_smile:

@fevama_vama

Even if we are able to create a symmetric round circle with 24 circles, we still would have the problem that this circle turns 360 degrees in 12 hours, not in 24 hours.

Hope this helps,
Regards BW.

I think you can change the angular speed in multirotate speeding it up or slowing it down.
Anyway this won’t work the size of the picture in order to have 24 circles (400x400 pixels each) in it is about 4700x4700 pixels, so you have to locate the centre in (x,y=0,2350). CSM won’t go more than 1024… Anyway I just put 6 dials in a file as such and the size Is about 1.4Mb… way too much… :frowning:

I think you can change the angular speed in multirotate speeding it up or slowing it down.
Anyway this won’t work the size of the picture in order to have 24 circles (400x400 pixels each) in it is about 4700x4700 pixels, so you have to locate the centre in (x,y=0,2350). CSM won’t go more than 1024… Anyway I just put 6 dials in a file as such and the size Is about 1.4Mb… way too much… :frowning:

@fevama_vama

Maybe there is a better solution. It looks like Roland found a solution. https://plus.google.com/u/0/111358017962457441786/posts/a5XME1Jd6eH?sfc=true