Hi all, I've owned my Finow X5 for a few weeks now,

Hi all, I’ve owned my Finow X5 for a few weeks now, and have already started having trouble with the charge/data cradle. It would seem the 4 sprung pins are no longer contacting cleanly as the data connection is unstable, and it takes me squeezing the watch and cradle together between thumb and fingers, and keeping very still, for the connection to be reliable. Has anyone else encountered issues with the cradle?

Yep, the pogo pins can get stuck. Especially if the watch has been stored for a long time. You can spray some contact cleaner/lubricant on the pins.
Alternatively get a spare dock or contact the supplier for a replacement…

I had a similar problem… so I bought a new dock… the first one still works but only to charge battery not transfer data…

In a SMT video I saw the dock being inverted and tapped/struck on a table until the pogo pin popped back out…
I tried to superglue mine stuck pin in the “up” position… that wasn’t successful…

I tried to buy replacement pogo pins but didn’t manage to source the correct size…

@Kenneth_Tan did buy some pogo pins and was going to make a custom dock (with his 3D printer)…

On that point - here is a link to Ken’s pins :slight_smile:

https://plus.google.com/+KennethTanFotografie/posts/cK8GWWmoum7

I opened the plastic lid and placed a thin piece of plastic inside and put the lid back on. It then pushes the pins out slightly further. A bread loaf plastic tie trimmed with scissors would do the trick.

Cheers @Ben_Ford , I might give that a go - seems one pin at the end protrudes more than the others, perhaps that solution will even them up…

It worked on mine until i ordered another one. Which you can do here. Keep your usb cable though as they won’t send one.
Finow X5 Smart Watch Charging Dock Charger
http://s.aliexpress.com/jqUZfaaE
(from AliExpress Android)

@Chris_Wilkinson did you end up trying this? Any luck?

@Ben_Ford I jiggled the spring-loaded pins with tiny pliers, and for now it seems to be working. I’ll try it for sure if the cradle starts playing up again…