Help universal launcher

I immediately apologize for the stupid question …

how do i recognize a standard face from files from one that needs universal launcher?

if I save in the folder faces that need universal launcher risk of damaging the clock if I have not installed?

if i have the standard faces do i have to “disable” the universal launcher?

unfortunately with the translator I find it very difficult to understand well.

thank you

1 Like

You can use standard faces and UL faces with UL . However if you use UL faces without UL you run the risk of bricking your watch . You can recover if you do this but its a pain . Its difficult unless you make faces to see the difference between the two types

3 Likes

but how do you recognize if a face is UL or standard?

is there a maximum of faces you can put on?

if the face comes as a .watch file then you can only use it with UL, but if it’s a clocskin face then you have to look inside the xmls and see whether there are some UL specific tags or numbers

2 Likes

When you download in this forum they should be in the right category . Thanks

1 Like

but if I don’t run the risk of messing up the watch I will install UL, Eric’s right?

Thanks

1 Like

It is true that you can use all faces as soon as you use Universal Launcher. If you want to work with Stocklauncher, make sure that you do not use faces from the Universal Launcher section. Then you should be sure.

2 Likes

Hi Abarthino, Your question is in no way a stupid one! Indeed you can brick your watch by installing a Universal launcher face on a watch with only Standard launcher! Now as @Dr_Andy_Vishnu said, all Universal faces should be in the correct category…but I have come across faces that were NOT marked as for being Universal Launcher faces and they were also in the WRONG category. So, as you have decided, you would be best to put Universal Launcher on your watch and this would at least eliminate the chances of your bricking your watch (In theory anyway) So go with installing Universal Launcher mate, it is your safest option. Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

also because now there are 700 faces downloaded … who creates the faces should put an abbreviation, for example if I create a face of the Citizen and is for Universal Launcher save the file as CitizenUL

1 Like

They already mention the introduction if the face is limited to the UL

As its been said the faces should be in the correct category so its not required

they should but as they wrote above not all of them are

1 Like

@Abarthino. Yes indeed, :+1: that is why it would be best for you to install UL on your watch …that way you should be able to download any face without any undue worry about bricking your watch. Cheers, Doons

3 Likes

I appreciate that . If you do install a wrong face by accident its not the end of the world . There is a " swipe " trick that usually works so dont panick . We are here to help :+1:

4 Likes

but if you still have to install Universal Launcher and there are no problems better like this … i will install that

I’m curious, if I could brick the stock launcher with a face for a newer engine. Like putting an animated face or a touch face on an old engine…

1 Like

my only fear was to mess up the clock … So the UL is also used for animated faces and those touch … I did not know this, unfortunately there are no good videos in Italian that deal with these topics … and for English I rely on the translator … thanks for the information to all

And to complicate things the new stock launchers also support animated array 62 faces . Check this out without UL

Or

You need the apps installed for the touch to work

1 Like

I can’t wait for this watch to arrive. …

I’m like a child waiting for Christmas :sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

Which watch have you ordered