Heart Sensor

on my Q7 the heart rate sensor is not working no light is on. Is there something missing?

I checked with adb command and get this:

ULPSH Heart Rate| QuickLogic Inc| version=1 |android.sensor.heart_rate| 0x00000005 | “” | type=87 | on-change | maxDelay=0us |minDelay=0us |no batching | non-wakeUp | last=< 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0>

and this sensors:

audio.primary.default.so
audio.primary.mt6572.so
audio.r_submix.default.so
audio.usb.default.so
audio_policy.default.so
audio_policy.stub.so
bluetooth.default.so
camera.default.so
camera.mt6572.so
gps.default.so
gralloc.default.so
gralloc.mt6572.so
hwcomposer.mt6572.so
keystore.default.so
lights.default.so
local_time.default.so
memtrack.mt6572.so
power.default.so
sensors.mt6572.so
vibrator.default.so

Oct 20, 2017 18:21:01 GMT 1 hans65 said:
on my Q7 the heart rate sensor is not working no light is on. Is there something missing?

I checked with adb command and get this:

ULPSH Heart Rate| QuickLogic Inc| version=1 |android.sensor.heart_rate| 0x00000005 | “” | type=87 | on-change | maxDelay=0us |minDelay=0us |no batching | non-wakeUp | last=< 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0>

and this sensors:

audio.primary.default.so
audio.primary.mt6572.so
audio.r_submix.default.so
audio.usb.default.so
audio_policy.default.so
audio_policy.stub.so
bluetooth.default.so
camera.default.so
camera.mt6572.so
gps.default.so
gralloc.default.so
gralloc.mt6572.so
hwcomposer.mt6572.so
keystore.default.so
lights.default.so
local_time.default.so
memtrack.mt6572.so
power.default.so
sensors.mt6572.so
vibrator.default.so

Hi hans65,

Refresh my memory - was the sensor ever working on your watch? Do you know when it stopped?

It never worked, the seller told me, it was working at his store

Oct 20, 2017 20:29:52 GMT 1 hans65 said:
It never worked, the seller told me, it was working at his store

you should have asked for a new watch or refund. have you checked if the sensor is connected proparly?

No I have not disassembled the watch yet. I hoped based on the result I got with the adb command somebody would see, if the sensor should work

normally its soldered to the board, but i also found a loose resistor, when i opened mine earlier.

anyhow soldering those small components is a pain, even with the right tools (i had to do it twice for the resistor, first time was’nt successful

the responsible file i assume is lights.default.so

did you already tried to re-initialize the sensors?

It looks like everything is solid connected, but I will check again. How can I re-inializing the sensors again?

Oct 23, 2017 7:25:38 GMT 1 hans65 said:
It looks like everything is solid connected, but I will check again. How can I re-inializing the sensors again?

Simple power cycle should do the trick I think

Oct 23, 2017 7:25:38 GMT 1 hans65 said:

i think mtk tools can help

didn’t try but a fast google search gave me that:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wered.sensorsmultitool&referrer=utm_source%3DAndroidPIT%26utm_medium%3DAndroidPIT%26utm_campaign%3DAndroidPIT

Thanks seb84 for your help. Unfortunately the multlitool has no function to reset the sensores, it shows ony the installed. Mtk droid tools dose not work with MT67xx but I found an other tool SpaceMtkTool but here as well no option to reset or reinstall sensors.

I probably have to try to replace the sensor.

But thanks again for your help