has anyone tried M2D app for notifications? does it drain the battery?

Ok ok,
So it will only work as we first thought - through an internet connection.
I can tell you now - this will drink your battery and if your watch and phone are not on the same WiFi it will be even worse.
It’s such a shame !
When I first looked at this app I thought it had so much potential for our watches, until I realised that Bluetooth was not an option :frowning:
Seems like development has stopped for the app as well.

@sonia_sophie_ataunna ​, thanks a lot for finding this app! It seems it solves lots of features we’ve been looking for (i.e. remote messages and calls).
I mean, the main purpose of this watch is always been to be a stand alone smartwatch. But if it also works well as a companion, we would have the best from both worlds.

I’m not sure if I’m missing something here, but the configuration I’ve just done seems to fit my current needs.

@Mark_Limarenko ​, just adding to your comment another scenario that seems to work:

• cellular phone connected to 4G;
  • cellular phone and watch paired via Bluetooth;
  • cellular phone ready for sharing internet over Bluetooth (on my Galaxy Alpha it is under Settings/Network Connections/Tethering and Mobile Hotspot/Bluetooth tethering = on);
  • watch configured to use cellular’s phone internet connection (Settings/Connect/Bluetooth/Settings button on the right side of your paired phone/Internet access = on)

So, it’s connected over BT tether, no Wi-Fi on both, no internet connection on the watch (mine is currently with no SIM card).

Did not make all proper testing yet (i.e. real calls and message replies), but I did receive GMail message and was able to reply to a whatsapp message so far).

that is great i was’nt sure if it works with BT tethered, so far battery life is good but using BT is preferable over wifi even if it mean that it can be used with the phone. thanks:) i’ve already answered sms, calls and whatsapp :slight_smile:

BTW how can i make the screen wakes up when notification comes in? i hear the sound but the screen stays off.

@Alessandro_Domingos Thanks! I will try to test that scenario. If it works - it will be wonderful!

BT thetering work fine, I can receive a notification.
But!
How can I start to receive a call notification? When somebody calls me - nothing is happens.

try to phone your phone from another phone and wait few second and you’ll receive it on the watch and even answer it from the watch or dial it from the watch if u miss it.

i still want to check if the problem with 3g is because of the sim because there is connection but still no notifications or play store.

@sonia_sophie_ataunna I try do this. Call from another phone, but don’t receive any notifications. Notifications from facebook and test notifications is working

weird for me calls work.

Its not working for me to talk only view message, and epost

I can’t get calls or MMS to work. Got sender on my primary phone with SIM (LG G3) and receiver SW on both S8 and D5. I get the test message from both but absolutely nothing else. I’m WiFied on the same network with all devices. Can’t figure it out. I call my phone from another phone, but it only rings on the phone. Any tricks I should know about?

@SmartWatch_Ticks Maybe it depends on phone model? I have a Meizu MX4 and don’t get calls and call notification to work also.

that is weird yesterday calls did’nt go to my watch and it did work before and i even answered calls from it and now they do’nt, the problem is that when the screen go off it close up everything. i contact the developer but he did’nt respond, i’ll try to install and uninstall the apps and see but that is NOT a solution :\

I noticed in the blog that the developer stated if the phone is rebooted all will be lost and needs to be reset again. That could be true for the receiver in the watch since these apps were made mainly for tablets and not watches that turn off frequently. That my have happened to you Sonia and to me as well, even before getting calling to work. I will try keeping my watch on the charger with screen always on, redo all the passwords and test with the app open on both watch and phone and neither having time to turn off. It would be nice to have it work at least once for all this effort.

maybe because yesterday i did turn off the watch i hope it will work, BTW how do you keep your watch awake because many apps i have to reset them AGAIN everytime the wifi goes under 30% and that just frustrating.

Well, first I set the timeout to 30 minutes just in case I take the watch off the dock for awhile. To get permanent “on” mode I go Settings -> About Device -> Developer options -> Stay awake. Make sure it is checked and the watch will never sleep while powered. It will dim after the screen timeout is reached, but it won’t turn off and WiFi will stay on. I noticed that BT tethering stays on even when the screen goes off. I have been able to stream music continuously while BT tethered to my phone. I can’t have both BT tethering and WiFi linking at the same time as far as I can tell. It seems once WiFi is hooked up the BT tethering shuts off. I haven’t confirmed this though.

thanks i will do the same and yes same here i’ve noticed that you can’t have both on just wifi or tethering. does leaving it on has great impact on the battery?

Yes it does - unfortunately. BT Tethering without leaving the screen on all the time is probably the way to go…

Hello, I’m come back again with my new K9! I was trying this app and seems to be very nice but as you have told I can not receive any call… Have someone got the solution?

@Paco_Salazar maybe could helps us due to is the developer!

would it be also possible to add the notifications feature to the ap “DISA” ?

Paco, nos podrías echar una mano con esto? Tu App parece ser nuestra mejor solución para recibir notis desde nuestro movil pero a veces funciona y a veces no!

Gracias!!