Guide to enable apps to run in the background A11 / A10 / A9 / A7.1.1

To allow apps to run in the background on A11 follow the following instructions from the watch menu :-

Step 1
Optimization
Clean task
Enter app list
Select required app to off
Turn battery saver off

Step 2
Apps and notifcations
Special app access
Unrestricted data
Select required app

Step 3
Press and hold power button
Recent task
Tap on lock in top right hand corner of the required app

Step 4
Battery
App standby optimizer
Select required app
Standby wakeup optimizer
No optimize

Step 5
Battery
App standby optimizer
Select required app
Standby sleep optimizer
No optimize

Step 6 ( should be on by default )
Battery
Auto launch management
App auto launch
Turn required app on

Step 7 ( should be on by default )
Battery
Auto launch management
App secondry launch
Turn required app on

To allow apps to run in the background on A10 follow the following instructions from the watch menu :-

Settings - Apps and notifications - special app access - unrestricted data - turn on app

Settings - Apps and notifications - battery optimisation - all apps - click on app - dont optimize

Settings - Apps and notifications - see all apps - select app - mobile data and wifi - make sure background data and unrestricted data usage is on

To allow apps to run in the background on A9 follow the following instructions from the watch menu :-

Main menu - optimization - clean task - tap on the white text - then tap the green circle on the app you dont want to sleep when the screen is off .

Also do this -

Main menu - settings - apps and notifications - special app access - unrestricted data - then tap slider on the app you want to have unrestrcited data

To allow apps to run in the background on A7.1 follow the following instructions from the watch menu :-

Settings - More - Background cleaner - Click on main text which opens app list - deselect app

Settings - More - Data Saver - Click on unrestricted data access which opens app list - deselect app

Settings - More - App settings - Special access - Battery optimisation - Click on app so its not optimised

11 Likes

Thank you, this was very helpful. I hope I will learn more about this watch as I use it. This forum has helped me a lot already. Thank you again.

3 Likes

Your welcome. It does solve a lot of issues :+1:

2 Likes

Updated for A7.1.1

1 Like

Hey I’m trying to install watch droid phone but came across the details about old apps no longer being supported by google which was verified when I popped onto the G store.

My phone is on a12 and the watch will be on a7.1.1.

Can I download an apk for the phone or what would you advise is the best solution in my case?

I’m a little confused because I actually thought that it could also be downloaded with A7 watches. I use it myself, for example currently on a LEM8 and on a Kospet Hope, and I only downloaded it a few weeks ago.
But I know a workaround that should work:
Download BOTH apps with your smartphone from the Playstore, as well as an app called APK tool. With this app you can now create a copy of the app for the watch. This copy can be installed and used on the watch without any problems. I used this trick again just a few days ago, this time to install a banking app that I couldn’t install on the watch via the Playstore.

Edit: I just noticed that you can’t download watch droid phone. You might be able to download it from Playstore by using this link:
-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lumaticsoft.watchdroidphone

Let me know if is’s working.

1 Like

thanks for responding. the watch is arriving tomorrow, I’ll confirm if I have any issues on that front. I wanted to get a head start on the phone app due to the application not being supported by Google.

both watch droid and the APK tool aren’t downloadable via the app store

I’ve read that I need to download version 9 of the app because it’s the last version before all the security changes happened…I’m still reading up on subject. is ok to download the apk app and install that way? this is for the phone not watch

Strange. My phone is android 14 and I can download without any problems? Do you have another device to download and copy it? For example an tablet or an older phone?

Personally, I prefer the latest version from the Playstore. But if you can download the old APK, try it out.

2 Likes

sadly no spare android devices but I’ll ask a friend and see if they’re getting the same problem. considering you’re on a higher fw than me, I should be able to download it. I’ll try out the APK method with the new and update as I go along

2 Likes

Same here. No issues downloading from playstore

Here is a copy of watchdroid 9 premium for phone

And for watch

1 Like

thank you! I managed to download an apk of the newer versions but it’s not premium. the watch should be arriving this afternoon, I’ll update you all once I start setting things up. so just to clarify, version 9 works better than latest releasees?

No, it doesn’t. You will be able to see the caller ID on the newest version also, if you use the google dialer app on your smarthone instead of your normal dialer. You can read about it in the watchdroid thread.

2 Likes

@G1NT0N1C too, much appreciated! sooo the retailer sent me the wrong watch :roll_eyes: I ended up with the dm100, sending it back for an exchange but playing around with it before shipping it. I was expecting it to be bigger but glad I didn’t mind that size, I’ll definitely get on well with the dm101.

some dilemmas came up… no issues downloading watch droid assistant on watch but wasn’t able to get nova launcher. I had watch droid working in the end with the latest version but couldn’t fully test it due to the sim I ordered not being compatible.

I was getting the same msg on the watch as I did my phone when it came do DL nova launcher from the store but no issues downloading it on my phone, the premium version was available on the watch “which I purchased” assuming that would work alone. I tried going down the apk route with the watch but when installing, I was getting a msg saying " problem parsing the package"

I looked up various troubleshoots but majority of them were for a phone or a watch more recent than the dm100. tried using a apk installer, same msg and there was very limited option for that too.

is there a reason why nova launcher doesn’t work on that model?