Great new video for flashing firmware by Mr Ticks.

I can update to the V05 firmware without problem, but when I do the same with the V06 file instead of updating to the Android firmware, the Z32-LEM12pro-V06_20201102_20201102-1956 is installed (this is the firmware that I had at the beginning before flashing.

I am very interested in updating the firmware because I read that the battery lasts even 4 days and now at most it lasts me 5 hours using angular applications such as WhatsApp and Spotify. I have the stock call app, among others, and those from Google installed, which generates duplication.

@pablo11, despite the fact that it is tedious to reconfigure the watch after a factory reset. I’m going to try flashing from another pc. please send you screenshots of what I have to see if I’m doing something wrong.

@Rassivan4050 The path containing the scatter file contains a directory with a blank space between two words: “ultimo firmware”. Modify the directory name so that it does not have any blank space and repeat the procedure. This may be the cause of the problems you are having with the SP flash.

1 Like

it’s true! I still haven’t been able to try to flash it again. I’m going to change that detail and let you know. :muscle:t3::muscle:t3::muscle:t3:

Yes, this is one of the most simple and important things you would know if you search here about it…

I can’t remember how many times I have posted this information.
@Alvaro28 for having the patience and helping with this.

1 Like

Like this for example and the same in the LEM 15 thread…

@Rassivan4050
Now you should flash the v05 in firmware upgrade mode and then try to use the FAW RC1…
Don’t use RC2 because it is being withdrawn due to a few issues.

And please, promise me that you will read up thoroughly in the future :joy:

but it’s not that I haven’t read, don’t assume something without knowing. I read that this would be a “possible error”, but how do you explain to me that I can install firmware V05 the same with the space between words and if it has been installed without any problem?

@Rassivan4050 The point is - you cannot use Firmware Upgrade mode if there are any white spaces.
It will not allow you to select FW Upgrade mode if there are spaces - which is what happened for you.
That is why you could flash Downlod Only but not Firmware Upgrade.
Does this make sense ?

@Belkin_Andrey No there is not - if you have connected your watch to WiFi and there is no OTA update available in the wireless update app - flashing with flash tools is the only way.

Thanks Pablo11,
I am trying to find among the numerous mails a detailed description for flashing the stock firmware v1.3 for LEM15 to be sure not to brick the watch …but it is not easy to find , which version of FLASHTOOL , parameters settings, the V1.3 is a rar file , does it have to be decompressed …and so on

ok , I got the scatter file from the RAR file with 7ZIP , I choose “firmware upgrade” , do I have to fill the field " authentication file", once it 's done I connect the watch ,and no specific action to do on the watch ? thanks for the answers

2 Likes

Yes, I did as pablo11 said and all is good.

1 Like

Thanks, I just found the link to the google drive…

Hi Pablo,
Many difficulties to access the FAW site… I followed the tuto for getting stock firmware V1. 3 on LEM 15, but no success.
When I first click on download as mentionned in the tuto, I can not choose firmware upgrade in the scrolling window… and if I first choose firmware upgrade, I then click on download, no action as if the dialog between the watch and the PC does not work… I tried with different releases, of Flashtool and MTK USB drivers, any idea ? With Windows 11, it was necessary to pass over bitblocker to allow installation of MTK
Thanks

Have you read this ?

Is watch powered off ?

1 Like

Yes, I did exactly what was, mentionned in the tutorial, the warch was off, the very first issue is if I click first on " Dowload" , I have no mire access to the scrolling window to choose " Firmware update"

After looking for on Internet, I think I know the reason why it does not work. When you install drivers, all seems to be ok, but the drivers are not automatically included in the device manager, if you try to add them, W11 refuses due to the signature… So again you have to pass over " Bitblocker" With the procedure ( enter 48 digits code recovery) and then I guess you ll be able to add the MTK drivers in the device manager. If you switch off your PC before adding the drivers, you have to redo the bitblocker recovery… I " ll try this on next monday and keep you posted. Thanks for all

The problem is probably the directory where you extracted the firmware.
When you select the scatter file - can you see any spaces in the file path?
There must be no spaces at all.

The driver does not show up in device manager until you actually connect the watch - even then, it will only show while the Vcom port is open.

So my advice is to create a folder called simply Firmware.
Then extract the firmware zip file to the new “Firmware” folder.
You should see two folders created “database” and “image”.

Open the flash tool and select the scatter file inside the “image” folder.
Check the firmware upgrade option in the flash tool.
All items should be selected, including the preloader.
Once you have verified this - you have the watch powered off and connect the cable to the watch (before you connect to the PC)
Then click the flash icon in the flash tool and finally connect the other end of the cable to the PC.
It will begin to flash.

Here are the flash tools and the automated driver installation file. There is probably a newer version of the flash tool available, that’s fine. This works and so does any newer version.

Finally, I am yet again going to move these posts to the LEM15 support thread.
This has nothing to do with FAW firmware!.