Genesis Firmware and discussion - updated FW added to the folder

I have never advocated any method for receiving calls apart from using a Sim card.
So unfortunately we don’t support any of these workarounds that get suggested.
But I will say this - if you are not in the US or Canada then that particular service will not work regardless of VPN.

1 Like

TextNow does not REQUIRE you to purchase a SIM card. They offer that as an option if you want to use the service without an existing WiFi or data connection.

TextNow SIM plans are provided by Sprint and may only be available in the US.

Google Voice is similar, but not the same. Google Voice links a virtual number to a Google account that can be used with WiFi or data. It has an option to use your carrier for texting if you link your number, but only supports one device per number.

Google Voice is only available in the US and Canada.

DIGITS allows you to use an existing number to perform similar actions to one of the virtual number services, but you are still limited to syncing only what is done within the app. Given how new it is, the app is still a bit unorganized and a lot of the features aren’t quite there yet.

DIGITS is only available to T-Mobile customers.

There are also a few apps and services out there that can sync texting between devices by “exploiting” the messaging database to have the carrier device send messages written on another one, but then you lose most of the calling functionality.

2 Likes

That is correct. I was simply pointing out that they issue you a phone # and you have to have a sim card in your device to use the service. If you don’t have one they offer the Sim activation card for $9.99. You will have to obtain a Sim Card from a carrier if you don’t already have one.

Thanks for the information clarification but I also think it’s important for people to know that these solutions only work in certain places and it’s generally the USA.
It’s good to know because as you can see we have people trying to use these things from another country and they will not work.

But then that’s why I posted a quote from their website.

About Google voice - again it’s not available for most people.
It’s not in the play store unless you are in the right country and Google actually stops it from working, from what I have read.

Cheers

The SIM is available if you want to use the service without WiFi and do not already have a wireless carrier (data). That means that you do not “have to have a sim card in your phone to use the service.” You will still be able to use the service without one, but there will be limitations, such as being connected to WiFi.

If you live in an area that does not have data, it is strongly recommended to stick with the free app instead of wireless, as the free app will work over an existing wifi connection.
https://supportfree.textnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038737612-Does-TextNow-Have-Coverage-In-My-Area-

1 Like

I apologize if I needed to repeat those details when explaining how the features were different.

It’s all good.
There are a few apps out there that allow you calls for free without a Sim.
However, most require the other person to also have the same app installed or it is chargeable to your Google account. Outside the USA I mean.

It is really a question of how much you need every device to filter through the same number. If you are just looking to make and receive calls, the options are endless.

1 Like

pablo …my watch now doest take any charge i stay all night with the red battery log and doest move from there the watch at no water splash no big sweat i just woke up this mornin the watch would not power on

Have you tried charging using the power cable connected to the back of the watch. Also you might clean the power connections on the watch with alcohol. I’ve experienced contacts that looked ok having a slight film on them and once wiped clean made good contact.

Please try the charging cable instead of the charging dock.

there definetly a battery issue with my watch since the begenin

i have try both nothing hapen with the wire and ive conect the dock staition ha well nothing now at thos point i dont even get the battry sing like in the picture before …ports are all clean has well

1 Like

All else fails try a different charging device. That’s why I use an inline voltmeter. You know if your power source is good and if power is transferring to the watch.

2 Likes

Ok, if it’s broken we will find a solution.

I cant find the scatterfile.

ive try all kind of we ro get it to charge nothing works different wire ect by usb tonthe computer nothing

1 Like

I looks like you are not looking at the right file, that looks like the flash tool file. The firmware file is is XY_G1-3300_EN_A3_20200416. It downloads as a .7z file and you have to extract the actual file from that download. You can then open the extracted file and find the scatter file.

1 Like

Thank you. I made it

How long did you leave it connected for? If only for a few minutes then try to leave it connected (through the cable, not the dock) for about an hour and see if you get any reaction afterwards

Can someone who has a working genesis test something? With a decent battery percentage remaining, turn the genesis off and place it on the charging dock. What I’m wondering is if it will then turn on by itself or if it will charge while still being off or if it will bootloop (if it makes it bootloop just disconnect it and turn it on and it should still be fine).

Edit: don’t try it in case it does bootloop and the bootloop doesn’t stop after taking the watch off of the dock (which is my latest theory)