Elgin - The Chicago 517

The Elgin National Watch Company originally manufactured the Chicago 517 in Elgin, Illinois, in 1922 — the same year that Perfect Pictures released The Power of Love, the first three-dimensional film. The way in which filmmakers achieved the three-dimensional effect was by using a red-and-green anaglyph system. Because the film was silent, the audience could view two different endings depending on which lens they looked through at the conclusion of the film.

clock_skin_model

CREDIT: http://Elgin.Watch

2 Likes