What this is about:
- This is a reversed or re-created kernel source for the MT6739 Smartwatches, this is mostly done to help supporting possible upcoming open source Android versions.
Why this is needed:
- Many chinese vendors (especially if they are associated with Mediatek) are extremely unlikely to release any kind of source due to … reasons.
How this was done:
- Fortunately, Mediatek has a highly generic approach in implementing their code in the kernel source, which means that most MT6739 related functions are supported and working just by selecting a matching Mediatek source.
- The problem here lies in the customized features that are implemented by the OEM and those are either reversed or ported from another public kernel source.
What is asked for:
- Due to the nature of reversing there could be missing features or other problems that can only be tracked down by testing.
- I appreciate any feedback to what is different, identical or missing in comparison to the stock kernel.