ClockSkinMaker beta 2.0

about github: I know how gh works, and I’d prefer if ricardo migrate the whole project, integrating the new beta, but I have not hear from him since more than a month, I think. I don’t know if he has the time to do it, or if he’s still interested in the project. codeplex will be shut down in december, so we’re not in a hurry yet.

about adding info to csm: I can do a qucik draft for the xml file, but I need some suggestion on the displaying them in the program (see previous post), I have no idea at the moment about this point.

I’d go for lower right corner of window. Split “layers” in half and put the info there.

Hi. I’m keen to try the beta 2.0.0.1 but the link in the first post gives a 404 error…

While I’m here…could you also clarify if I’m doing something wrong in version 1.6.0.0. -

When I try to use the same time_array.xml font for three different components (array_hour, array_minute, array_second), the program generates a new time_array.xml for the next component.

I end up with -

time_array.xml
time_array_2.xml
time_array_3.xml

with duplicates of all the png’s.

What am I doing wrong?

nothing is wrong, it is the way the clock engine works. it needs duplicated images, one set for each array.
about the 404 error, I don’t know, I’ll check it later from home

Thanks. I was using the sample ClockSkinP9 as a learning reference and it had one time_array.xml for the three arrays - hour,mins,secs - with one set of png’s.

Thus my confusion…

1 Like

download link fixed

Thanks for the updated file.

I’ve given it a go and am very impressed. I’ve only generated arrays for hours, minutes and seconds…so I’m a complete noob.

One minor issue I’m finding is that when I generate an array, the autoscaling feature has a small hiccup. It is making the colon in array_hour/minute/second the wrong size (too small). If it’s enlarged, it becomes ‘fuzzy’.

This minor autoscaling problem was also apparent in 1.6.0.0.

Here’s a link to the generated fonts where I’ve replaced the colon with an 8 to make the size difference more apparent.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7v1SHglwBPTTVJQdFNYcC0ySFE/view?usp=sharing

it’s strange, i’ve quickly looked at the array generator code and I don’t see any difference in the generation of different images.
but it is not my code, I’ll try to ask to ricardo

For what it’s worth, I use a work-around that generates a character set twice the size of the desired one.

I then grab just the colon png and save it as something else.

I then generate the correct size character set (which is exactly half the size of the colon).

Pixel for pixel, the colon is out by a factor of 50%.

Hello. Very wonderful software. How can I load GIF animation with this software?

Dec 20, 2017 9:33:36 GMT 1 minomushi said:
Hello. Very wonderful software. How can I load GIF animation with this software?

You can't, and it's not useful as the clockskin format does not support it (only my version of it supports it). The WFD developper was working on it, you have to be patient.
Dec 20, 2017 9:43:17 GMT 1 ricktop said:

You can't, and it's not useful as the clockskin format does not support it (only my version of it supports it). The WFD developper was working on it, you have to be patient.

Thank you very much. Reply I'm very happy.I am sorry if it is weird as I can not speak English.
Dec 20, 2017 9:43:17 GMT 1 ricktop said:

I could create it manually from the sample xml you were providing. A very wonderful job! Thank you very much! I'm really happy because I had a hard time. Thank you for the wonderful wisdom.

Hi 
I think i found a bug in clockskinmaker beta 2.0.0.2
If i make a rotated 24Hr clock with a 12Hr clock in one skin and i saved the clockskin 
The clockskin model .png file shows 2 different times, see picture.
The first photo is when the skin is in clockskinmaker when i working with it.
The second photo is the one when you save the clock and the program created a clockskin model.png 

1081.png

1082.png
this clock shows the right time   ( this clock shows with the hands
its just past 10 and the 9 is        ( its just past 10. but the 24Hr
 rotating past its original place.  ( time shows me its 18 Hr

I hope I explain it well.

Any chance this application will be built in Linux as well?

I doubt it as most of it’s users have probably moved over to watchfacedesigner, and both @Alessandro_Limonta and @Ricardo_Romero has been inactive on this site for quite some time

1 Like

Personally, I make my watch face on a windows computer, not on my phone. I’m much more comfortable with it than with the small screen on my phone. (watch face designer apk)

Do you have a gallery of watch faces or do you just make them for yourself

…just make them for yourself