Can FAW faces be transfered from a Kospet Hope Lite to Prime 2?

Hi Whizz kids! :crazy_face: I have a number of faces on my Kospet Hope lite that I would like to transfer on to my NEW Prime 2 (Yep, I got me one! :rofl:) can I do it direct somehow…or can I transfer them on to my computer send them to the prime 2 via Clockskin Transfer? I ask this because a number of the face I have on the lite are no longer available on the Forum…so the only way I can get them is off my Lite. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Cheers, I want to “Prime” my Prime…as it were! :crazy_face: :rofl:, Doons

1 Like

Yes, that is possible. The easiest way should be to connect your Hope lite to your computer. Use a USB cable and the dock for this. With this watch you have to select USB data transfer under Connections. You should then have access to your watch’s storage. Now copy the contents of the “Clockskin” folder to an empty folder on your desktop. Now you can connect your new watch to the computer. Copy the contents of your folder (not the entire folder) to the “Clickskin” folder on your new watch.

2 Likes

Way to go G1N!!! :+1: :+1:And the best part ids that I actually know what you are talking about re- using “USB data transfer” (Who’d have thought it possible? :crazy_face:) Many thanks mate, I’ll give it a go right now! Cheers, “This Tech Savvy business is easy” :woozy_face: :rofl:, Doons

I use this method to set up all new watches with apps as well . Saves downloading from playstore over and over . I have the .apk files in a folder on my desktop ( these are the installation files of my favourite apps ) . I copy them onto watch . Click on each one and apps install . Its magic :sweat_smile:

You can get them from apkpure

1 Like

Well I tried G1N’s method but when I fired up the Kospet Lite the “USB” option was “Greyed out” and I could transfer files from watch to computer using the charging cable (On the Prime 2 the USB transfer function is enabled) I did look around in settings but I couldn’t find a way to turn the USB file transfer on. But not too worry I’ll get it worked out sooner or later (Later most likely! :woozy_face:) but Man, this prime 2 is some watch! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

If i remember correctly this is the only way with this watch

2 Likes

@Doonsbury You need to go to Settings and look for the option to allow data transfer for USB - it’s definitely there.
But, you definitely need the special USB cable for the Hope because the standard one is for charging only.

If you have the right cable, you should find it in between the other two options “cellular” and “Wi-Fi settings”.
Unfortunately I’m not at home at the moment… So I can’t check for you.

It can also be because of the mtp driver in Windows (very likely).
You can try using a different USB socket on your pc.

You can always pair the two watches to each other using Bluetooth and then you can use Bluetooth sharing to transfer the files.

Or just use Google drive.

3 Likes

I use Dropbox, same principle as Google Drive.
I have a FAW folder with apps, faces, sounds etc, which I like to customize my watch with, so it is easier when I get a new.

3 Likes

Muchas Gracias El @pablo11 ! :crazy_face: I will use Google Drive as I already have a lot of stuff that I have posted to the forum in there. I’ll let you know if I have any problemos ( :woozy_face:) transferring the faces to the Prime (And I will let you know bloody Pronto Amigo!! :rofl:) But seriously mate, thanks for the suggestions! :+1: :+1:
And my old Friend @Dotsfar ! Many thanks for the idea of using a separate folder for all FAW stuff! (I am very surprised that @pablo11 didn’t mention that, hmmmm"? :rofl:) I have done this and it is a great solution as you have faces, aps, etc in the one place! many thanks mate! Cheers, “Oh dear, now where the hell did I put that FAW folder”?! :woozy_face: :rofl:, Doons

P.S. Thats what I love about this Forum, they see a post from “Doons” and they all say “Not again! Well a few of us better answer it, else the silly Old Buger will just keep asking questions”! :crazy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Well, I have to leave something for that old brain of yours to do :joy:

1 Like

Our head Honcho (@pablo11 ) is slipping folks! :crazy_face: He is trying to put it back on me…but rest assured he is losing “Grey matter” at an alarming rate! :rofl: I think the time is right to elect a new El Presidente! After being begged by @G1NT0N1C & @Dr_Andy_Vishnu to help them get rid of the Old bast…er…Pablo, I am going to toss my hat into the ring! Long live El Presidente Doons"!! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: Cheers, You beloved President, Doons

1 Like