Build Quailty and Resolving Defects

Ok - I really want to get a Wear OS watch, however the costs are too high for me to justify right now so will be getting one of these Chinese brand watches.

I think the Thor Pro would suit me. Im quite a big lad and Ive noticed that watches like the Huawei Watch 2 look almost small on my wrist.

Just as I was about to commit to a purchase, I saw one on Ebay and noticed that the top (the line for 12) did not line up with the marks on the dial. Is this common?

I know it sounds a bit OCD, and these watches are not that expensive, but I feel it would really annoy me if every time I glanced at the watch, I wanted to rotate the screen a degree or two to make it line up.

So my question(s) is this -

What is the build quality of these watches like?

Do the faces etc line up with the numbering / marks on the bezel?

If they don't line up, are there software tweaks that can be made to rotate the screen slightly so all looks good?

What else is there about the appearance of these watches that is annoying / sub par?

Many thanks

Jul 27, 2018 13:23:25 GMT 1 slyt said:

this is a question for someone who has it:)

leafar

Ok - I really want to get a Wear OS watch, however the costs are too high for me to justify right now so will be getting one of these Chinese brand watches.

I think the Thor Pro would suit me. Im quite a big lad and Ive noticed that watches like the Huawei Watch 2 look almost small on my wrist.

Just as I was about to commit to a purchase, I saw one on Ebay and noticed that the top (the line for 12) did not line up with the marks on the dial. Is this common?

I know it sounds a bit OCD, and these watches are not that expensive, but I feel it would really annoy me if every time I glanced at the watch, I wanted to rotate the screen a degree or two to make it line up.

If they don't line up, are there software tweaks that can be made to rotate the screen slightly so all looks good?

What else is there about the appearance of these watches that is annoying / sub par?

Many thanks

Just a quick comment on the 12 O'clock alignment. This evidently is not a problem unique to any watch. For example I have an I4Air watch that the alignment is fine. However, in a review of the watch Mr. Ticks (SmartWatch Ticks on You Tube) had an I4Air for review and the dial was misaligned on it like what you are describing, slightly left of center. The only thing I could attribute it to was his watch had a different, newer firmware than mine. So for that reason I did not update the original firmware on my watch, which works fine. For fear I would also inherit the same problem and there was no way to revert back to the original firmware. Not saying it is the same on the Thor Pro you are looking at but just wanted to pass this along as a possibility. So I went on eBay and looked at the watches pictured now to see how it looked. All but one watch listed is using stock pictures from the manufacturers web page. The one listing that has a picture showing the watch in someone's hand the dial looks fine and additionally no body that I have read about who owns the watch has reported this problem. Hope this helps in selecting the best watch for you.

Misalignment Can happen, but last watches i got, it was fine. As you Say, it’s a problem of quality check, but on this side it’s becoming quite good. As always just wait for the first feedback before getting a new watch.

To tell the true, that wasn’t to mine concern, he is talking about the crowns bezel, and that it’s just cosmetic for the Watch and watch faces it’s something different from hardware instead that’ll all, about the quality is pretty good and I owned couples watch before and the Thor pro love it even mine I did polish to remove the black, you can see the pictures in this community and the watch you can get 9 hours or so of battery life for the day

Many thanks

One thing to consider is if you live in the UK and buy a dodgy watch Royal Mail will not allow you to send it back to china ( trust me i’ve had a few ) . Have a look on royal mail site . In the end i’ve kept all three brocken ones . After a few arguments i’ve had partial refunds and kept watches . Build quality varies

Thanks

I think it depends on what watch face you have installed, I have a digital face but did try an anologue one and cant say that I had notice but then I’m a bit less ocd than others, one thing I noticed is that when data is switched on it gets very hot but I think this might be either google map or an lpg apps which I have installed thats trying to update, this kills the battery in about 6-7 hours, usually I get a full day, Thinking about it, that might have been the problem that I had when I bought the thor 4 since that got very hot the first day I switched it on. so hot you could burn yourself touching it. I return it and got a partial refund.