Best watch with the longest battery life

This is the biggest thing for me - battery life. Which of the favored watches here has the longest battery life?

Aug 29, 2017 23:03:00 GMT 1 kwoodall said:
This is the biggest thing for me - battery life. Which of the favored watches here has the longest battery life?

it is'nt that simple:) it really depands on your usage, i use mine for mainly activities so when  i get a full 24hr i'm plzed, i think the new 2gb ram watches are a good choice.

What would you spend on a 2400 milliampere hours battery bracelet worn next to the smartwatch ?

I would buy a small powerbank

of course it is necessary to have a small powerbank in your pocket for emergencies, but this was not the question. With my No.1 D5 ( nearly two years old ) I have only 1 Day ( 12 hours ) when using wifi and telefone ( whatsapp )/ low user. If I am outside and there is a bad connection to my 2g/3g data connection it is less than 4 hours, in airplane mode without wifi 3 days. That’s not enough ! The new watches may be a bit better, but what we need is a bigger battery ( 500-800 mAh ). But there is no watch in sight with this “big” battery. I will go outside without any other smartphone, and I must be able to rely on the battery for at least 24 hours.

Sept 13, 2017 11:15:48 GMT 1 mgk said:

not always the battery capacity is the problem mostly is SW or HW. the 3g in mtk6580 drains the battery really fast even without anything running in the back.

When i was on t-mobile and at home, my connectivity was poor.

So the stupid cell sw was working extra hard to make and keep a connection.

I could not tell it to be “not so aggressive”.

So, the battery life took a noticeable hit.

So, bye bye t-mobile and hello other, stronger provider.

Battery life went back to being much better ( but never great ).

I’m not saying t-mobile is bad !

Just my experience.

There are play store apps to tell you where ( and whose ) cell towers are near by.

Maybe a solution is to pop in and out of airplane mode when the tower connect is rough.

Is a poor solution…

if you really search for battery, you have to realize, that you are on the wrong path with the full android products. check my thread for lem5 battery modification if you are interested. I still not ordered the new battery (will be end of the month with other things). i will order both models i show there (580 and 700 mah) so if the bigger one can be fit, ithink we come there to a point where the watch really becomes usable again.
if you are not up to those mods, think about a change. wear is much less consuming, they have now also a wider range of watches with cell function. like i describe in wear against android, you can run a day, even under heavy usage.

Is this puppy a new entry -or an old entry ?

D89
Its kinda BIG !

But it s running a 6572 ( dual core ) and a whopping ‘900’ milli ampere hour battery . . .

www.aliexpress.com/item/New-smartwatch-D89-Android-5-1-Rom-4GB-With-3G-GPS-WIFI-Camera-For-IOS-Android/32827578253.html

There are not a lot of links and the majority go to the USSR ? ? ?    Spy watch ?

?  an 89 is actually a 98 is then also a lem4 ?

( edit for the 5th time )  and I see that soniasophie9697
says “DM98 not supported on this forum” . . . . 

Sept 21, 2017 4:05:22 GMT 1 lon said:

that is one GULY watch, even if i got it for free i will give it back for free, do'nt be fooled the capacity of the battery does'nt say a thing about the usage, i had a watch which had 700mAh battery and still sucked i've noticed all zgpax watches just suck. i think the major issue with the mtk6580 is the 3g which has great impact on battery life, it seems that even without using sim it still working, just weird.  

the custom rom can fix this as there is the cusotom rom for the blitz and it give great battery life.

Sept 20, 2017 6:28:46 GMT 1 seb84 said:

the lg is quad core and has a big battery how is 3g\4g with it?

Sept 21, 2017 7:10:09 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 20, 2017 6:28:46 GMT 1 seb84 said:

the lg is quad core and has a big battery how is 3g\4g with it?

yes, its quad core and 570mAh. while i use only 3g and only initially tested 4g shortly, i can only say 3g use is quite great. call qualty is extremely good, at least for the reiciver on the other end, while the speaker is quite weak on the watch. i use it regularly to call over messenger and line (but a bt hedset is a must for louder environments).
but i think (never tested bandwith) the lemfo has the same speed.
only real advantage here again is the battery endurance. i never switch 3g off like i did on the lemfo (programmed with e-robot switch off normally only sync. every hour).
i even use additionally wifi and bt sometimes.
lemfo also has the big advantage, that you not have to get a connection apk for wifi first, but can use the in built system. on wear you will need a programme to connect to wifi without phone (ok i have that already, but its actually not free and i therefore a bad solution, in my opinion)

Sept 21, 2017 14:34:24 GMT 1 seb84 said:

thanks, you made me think about 3g on mtk6580 what if the problem is not 3g but what uses the it, i will check with the developers what google apps can have great impact on battery life.

Sept 21, 2017 14:43:06 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 21, 2017 14:34:24 GMT 1 seb84 said:

thanks, you made me think about 3g on mtk6580 what if the problem is not 3g but what uses the it, i will check with the developers what google apps can have great impact on battery life.

the thing is, i don’t htink that the gapps are the problem. when using 3g for fb/line or skype calls, its draining to much. also surfing on the web has the same effect on the mtk6580. there must be a general problem, how the hardware is addressed from the software site, or the hardware is just too power hungry (wrong choice chipset???)

my cpu usage on the lemfo was quite low, i could easily run lower clocks. an issue i haad, was that  never managed to shut down cores (kernel audiutor wouldn’t keep the setting). On the lg i shut down two of the cores by now, while i never make use of the power.

as far as i remember, there were some issues inside of android about core handling back in the 5.1 days on the phones?!?

intereting video:)

Oct 8, 2017 7:59:08 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

intereting video:)

wow… bu do i see right, the ticwatch get no real task?

Oct 10, 2017 11:44:09 GMT 1 seb84 said:

Oct 8, 2017 7:59:08 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

i do'nt think that the ticwatch should have been in the test cos it was'nt tested as the others so having 94% does'nt say much, that is why i've asked him if he can make a connectivities test to see how it impact battery life.

*** in my watch i’ve noticed i the screen turns on for every notification it trains the battery faster (it is lcd), but just vibration or sound for notifications does’nt impact much battery life. 24\7 just 3g with only using pushbullet for notifcations it hardly impact battery life but i will test the watch with bt on and gps on for at least 2hr to 3hr.

Oct 10, 2017 13:15:01 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Oct 10, 2017 11:44:09 GMT 1 seb84 said:

i do'nt think that the ticwatch should have been in the test cos it was'nt tested as the others so having 94% does'nt say much, that is why i've asked him if he can make a connectivities test to see how it impact battery life.

*** in my watch i’ve noticed i the screen turns on for every notification it trains the battery faster (it is lcd), but just vibration or sound for notifications does’nt impact much battery life. 24\7 just 3g with only using pushbullet for notifcations it hardly impact battery life but i will test the watch with bt on and gps on for at least 2hr to 3hr.

i never had one on hand, but as i heard the tic watch is just a pure slave device (running with full android not wear) and the software is extremely limited and can’t be compared to our full android couterparts. also battery life is described as either bad.

The displays are one thing i really wonder about. it seems really all full android models, have issues with the display power consumption.

assuming its al real amoled/oled/poled tech, it should use actually a lot less.
i switched on the lg even to display always on (dimmed mode)

I can run two days if my messaging is not too heavy with this setup (around 40 hours without probs).

Again there is the question, is it bad hardware or bad coding? both?
why we end up with such bad results on the full android watches? the lem5 will not survive much longer than 2 hrs with this setup.

is there any big improvement with modified fw?

Oct 10, 2017 19:33:32 GMT 1 seb84 said:

Oct 10, 2017 13:15:01 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

you are right i thought having an amoled or oled display will have the option the always on and not that impact on battery life but turns out that it is'nt. considering that this watches i mean the round ones have'nt been on the market for more than 5  years i think they are doing good job and hopefully they'll improve it as they did in the smartphone section.

Oct 10, 2017 20:08:40 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Oct 10, 2017 19:33:32 GMT 1 seb84 said:

you are right i thought having an amoled or oled display will have the option the always on and not that impact on battery life but turns out that it is’nt. considering that this watches i mean the round ones have’nt been on the market for more than 5  years i think they are doing good job and hopefully they’ll improve it as they did in the smartphone section.

right, they should be much more efficient.

still got no reply on the transreflective watch (ok got two replies, but they only say, that they not have this model anymore and want to sell another newer with amoled).
i really would like to try this one, but i don’t want to order and get a finow x5air as “update” to this model.

the guy on xda reported a good battery life… why this design is now unavailable?? anybody tried too? maybe we should try a group request / order? anybody interested too?