Asteroid OS

Like the title says,
I would like to talk about asteroid os. Did anybody tried it already? They say it doesn’t work with MTK chipset, but i believe it is just for the low tech series.

Anybody tried until now?
I’m using Ubuntu at home and like the idea of an linux watch.

I’ve already setup my Lem5 with TWRP and think should be possible or not?
If nobody tried until now. I might give it a try when I have time to setup my watch (always busy working)

Waiting for your replies and input on that.

I’ve read through their page. There are MTK devices supported (nixon etc.) i think will try it later at home. make a build for my lem5 and see if can run.

Jul 17, 2017 4:57:20 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Like the title says, I would like to talk about asteroid os. Did anybody tried it already? They say it doesn't work with MTK chipset, but i believe it is just for the low tech series.

Anybody tried until now?

If nobody tried until now. I might give it a try when I have time to setup my watch (always busy working)

I’ve read through their page. There are MTK devices supported (nixon etc.) i think will try it later at home. make a build for my lem5 and see if can run.

i have an old smartwatch  (zgpax s8) and will try with it, it has root.

Not sure to understand how to install this os above a running Android… Anyway you will loose all your device : HR, Pedometer, …
Solution would be to compile it for your watch to replace Android, but you’ll need kernel sources, and we don’t have them…
Am i missing something ?

Jul 20, 2017 7:03:53 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Not sure to understand how to install this os above a running Android... Anyway you will loose all your device : HR, Pedometer, ... Solution would be to compile it for your watch to replace Android, but you'll need kernel sources, and we don't have them... Am i missing something ?

They have the source for compiling on the home page. I had no time to get into the stuff by now, but will defenitley give it a try. Sunday i might have the time ...

I have already a complete backup of my watch (including fw etc.) so just try
Check the links and you can find the source (available over github)

asteroidos.org/

asteroidos.org/wiki/building-asteroidos/

Jul 20, 2017 6:47:15 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jul 17, 2017 4:57:20 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Like the title says,
I would like to talk about asteroid os. Did anybody tried it already? They say it doesn’t work with MTK chipset, but i believe it is just for the low tech series.

Anybody tried until now?

i have an old smartwatch  (zgpax s8) and will try with it, it has root.

Just hd a look at the specs.Seems to be a good test bed. Let us know, if it works out
Jul 20, 2017 12:12:08 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Jul 20, 2017 7:03:53 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Not sure to understand how to install this os above a running Android... Anyway you will loose all your device : HR, Pedometer, ... Solution would be to compile it for your watch to replace Android, but you'll need kernel sources, and we don't have them... Am i missing something ?

They have the source for compiling on the home page. I had no time to get into the stuff by now, but will defenitley give it a try. Sunday i might have the time ...

asteroidos.org/

The missing sources mentioned by ricktop are the kernel sources for your MTK based smartwatch. Without them it's almost impossibile to compile a working AsteroidOS (or anything else) for your smartwatch.
Jul 21, 2017 9:09:11 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
Jul 20, 2017 12:12:08 GMT 1 seb84 said:

asteroidos.org/

The missing sources mentioned by ricktop are the kernel sources for your MTK based smartwatch. Without them it's almost impossibile to compile a working AsteroidOS (or anything else) for your smartwatch.

oohhh..... i didn't know that mtk doesn't release kernel sources. just read it now after your post....  and i was already so excited. :-(

hey,

there is now this one:
www.androidpolice.com/2017/08/25/connect-watch-first-device-built-asteroidos/

it seems to be the kw88 with linux. how can we get this??

here its still not listed:

asteroidos.org/install/

i think i’ll have to buy this one listed above. but next month will be out. my wife just bought another one for me (lg u2), so will have to wait some time.

i want to get this on the lem5,