APPLLP MAX S999 + other HEBS types - UNSUPPORTED - posts left here

Warnings about the S999 already posted - closing this.

1 Like

Can anyone who owns a S999 max and who has had a LEMT in the past, tell us their experience regarding the difference in performance? I have recently purchased a LEM12 PRO, which has the same cpu as the S999, the performances are considerably better than those I had with the LEMT, but I think the lower resolution of the display also coincides: 400x400, S999 and LEMT have a resolution larger, and certainly this affects the speed

Iā€™ve seen a new watch (zgpax q668)on Amazon that seems nice but the styling and specs seem kin to the s999 we donā€™t speak of ā€¦ so Iā€™m wondering if anyone can confirm that the software on this one would disappoint the same way the s999 does?

Its A9 and unsupported so i wouldnt expect much . Sorry

3 Likes

Good to know. Thx for the info.

1 Like

Wanted inform everyone that I downloaded easy rotation on lokmat appllp max and it works great :+1::+1:
There is some dissapointment that u cannot update some apps like facebook and google assistant ((((

1 Like

Buy pro in max version there is some restrictions
For example right now I canā€™t download normal facebook canā€™t update google asistant
But most of app u can download from play store
So my verdicte is if itā€™s ok for you that u can use only facebook lite and donā€™t need google assistant in watch than u can buy max version
One more thing u canā€™t update watch to android 10(in app llp max) keep that in mind

This topic is closed for a reason.
Any comments about this device and others will be placed here to avoid confusion.
Not being rude, but it has been said so many times and explained here:

I learned from this XDA thread about generic Android builds and that they work on the S999. Since I had a useless S999 laying around I decided to try it and followed this guide. After much tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth I got Android 10 up and running and setup so that my S999 is now up to the standards we expect here (with a few minor quirks).Yee haw!

I also had a Q668 and since it seemed to be the same platform I tried it there, using the same system image, and if anything it works even better than on the S999! I am a happy boy.

To anyone thinking of buying one these watches to do the same, my advice is: DONā€™T! At least not without knowing what youā€™re getting into and not without relevant experience.

I still know very little about generic system images so this might be a dumb question, but would it be feasible to create a generic FAW build for watches that are Project Treble compliant? Is so perhaps I can help.

1 Like

We already tried it with Android 12 and it doesnā€™t work due to issues with the modem and Google framework and custom drivers for things like HR sensor, and raise to wake.
Thanks anyway.

2 Likes

OK, too bad. FWIW the Google ecosystem, HR, and lift to wake are all working flawlessly so far in the A10 GSI Iā€™m using (crdoid). I havenā€™t tried a SIM card yet.

2 Likes

Yep, even though I have the source code for A10, the A12 system doesnā€™t work with the modem library and various other important drivers.
Itā€™s probably due to the customised kernel drivers used.
We got A12 booting and usable to an extent on a LEM 12 pro. But no modem, no heart rate sensor and GMS just not possible.

4 Likes

Ok, the modem is now working.
A lot of work still to be done and I am not sure if we have time. :pensive:

3 Likes

Hello dear colleagues!
I havenā€™t posted anything on the forum for a long time, but I have quite serious personal problems.
I decided to get away from my problems a bit and took out the APPLLP MAX smartwatch (variant S999) from the drawer, which had been there since December '22.

I decided to ā€œhumanizeā€ this device a bit because the original software is nasty. I described my experience on my website.

I divided my work into five parts:

1. Unlocking bootloader

I finally found a way to unlock devices without volume buttons!!!

1. Flashing Custom ROM.

2. Root the system.
    capture_07042023_022918

3. Application installation.
    capture_07042023_164949

The last part is trying to do a smartwatch function on a custom ROM.
And here I have a question for my esteemed colleagues: Have any of you found an application that can display clockskin on the screensaver or as a screen lock?

capture_07042023_175156

Regards

1 Like

There is an app by Eric that can display a single watchface of your choice. However, it is no longer available in the playstore and I canā€™t find the download link anywhere.
Maybe @Eric_Crochemore can help.

3 Likes

Maybe this ?
Playstore app

3 Likes

Iā€™ve re-opened this topic and weā€™ll see where it goes.
Cheers
Pablo11

I am the only one who is not so sad about appllp max?? :thinking::thinking::thinking: Yeah some issue like there is no tap to wake and some app restrictions at the end this is not so bad at least for me :grin::grin:

Eric!
Thanks for the hint, but your Live Wallpaper didnā€™t work for me on three smartwatches and two smatrphones - I can see the faces but after selecting the application disappears.
However, I managed (after hundreds of attempts) to launch Universal Launcher and even with the ability to switch between home screens:

capture_07092023_002959 capture_07092023_023500

Unfortunately, the table types 67, 68 and 100 donā€™t work for me and I worked a bit on this skin :slight_smile:
I have described my experiences here.

1 Like