App to add volume controls to clock skins

1 Like

Yeah, I found your thread afterward. I tried to remove my post but I couldn’t figure out how :frowning:

1 Like

No need to remove it, great work! :handshake:

No need . I just thought i’d share with you and to save you time . Thanks for your efforts :+1:

This is very useful!. Great utility!.
@joojoobee666 would it be possible to share this watchface with volume control enabled?
I am not a watch programmer and won’t be able to edit the code.

Thanks for editing your post :+1: . Makes easier for watchface designers to understand especially when using this

Yes, sure but be aware I also have custom touches for multiple apps on there (WatchDroid, Duo, TinyCam pro and FitoTrack and WeoWow weather) and it has Miles instead of KM cause the USA is stupid and still uses imperial instead of metric. But here is a zip of it for reference:

Note: This is an extremely modified version of this clock skin here. I don’t know who the original creator is.

Thanks for the watchface. Looks awesome on Optimus 2. But only the settings function is working. Vol up/ down doesn’t have any effect.
I played a song through stock music app and tried to control volume from the watchface. Hope this watchface works on stock launcher.
Please help.

Did you install the apk?

Ha…gosh so it will need apk. Lemme try.

Yes now the volume control works…but only the UP (+) works and not the DOWN (-). When I click on + a slide rocker appears in the right side but with - nothing happens.

I got it right now this time. What is happening is, if i touch on the button it doesnt work but if i press quite a distant away then it works?!. From a lay-man perspective is it that the control area has shifted?

Yeah, you may need to play with the positioning in the XML. Try modifying the centerX and CenterY in the clock_skin.xml where 0,0 is dead center of the screen. The touch zone are labeled at the bottom of the XML.

OK. Will try that too.
Now, if i want to go back to earlier state (meaning without a volume widget apk) is it possible to kill apk?. Do I have to uninstall this apk or you have designed it such a way that it doesn’t consume resources and remains idle if this specific watchface is not used?

The apk does not stay running so if it stays installed, it will not uses resources. It only opens when the clock face calls the activity from it, and as soon as that completes it closes again.

2 Likes

Clever job!

FYI, I updated the clockskin and added the link to the main post. I re-calculated the positions for the touch zones so they should all be dead-on accurate now.

3 Likes

That’s perfect now! :+1::+1:

App updated, see main post.

1 Like

Brilliant job . Cheers

2 Likes