Anything consistently over 18 hours battery yet?

Whilst I wait for the SG3 frontier:

• 3G Standby (no calls)
  • read 50 messages (fb,Watsapp, sms)
  • Heart+GPS+Bluetooth audio for 1 hour.
  • Screen on 20% time
 I would consider this very basic use for a watch.

I’ve heard mention that the new (I say that lightly when my phones are all >6.0) android 5.2 devices have better power capability…
I’ve heard people say that AMOLED is much more efficient
… so I would have thought KW88 would be the go-er here but I still hear only 6-12hrs with light use?

Is there any watch-phone for daily-use out there yet?

So, no calls, two constantly syncing social media apps, 1hr Heart+GPS+Bluetooth audio, and almost 4 hours of screen on time. Most phones wouldn’t even give you 18 hours, much less a smartwatch.

With everything turned off (aeroplane mode, no BT or Wi-Fi and power saving) I racked-up nearly 4 days on my D5…

THEN

I accepted the latest OTA upgrade and my subsequent re-flashing I’m back down to 10-11 hours… and that’s with me only “looking” at the time…

How can No1 justify such a dodgy OTA?

I’ve been using a LG Urbane 2nd edition LTE since June. It has it’s own SIM card and i use it as my main phone and also as a fitness device. I run or bike around 1 hour a day, use it for call around 15 min per day, text messages replies, notifications of emails and news, timer and alarm, and all of this, with a screen always on on dim mode… With this usage, i get 18 hours of daily use… If i don’t train one day, i get to 22 hours easily. I’ve got to 3 days in airplane mode over the long weekend of labour day. It’s unfortunate this watch is rare to find and expensive because that’s what i would recommend to you, for the needs you have today.

I am also waiting for the Samsung Gear 3 Frontier, but I’ll wait until i see more reviews before buying it. I would go for a Chinese watch if they were more reliable but i will hold off until they improve with time. I think they eventually will. They are now making kick ass smartphones and i bought my teen a UMI Super for 200$ can (including shipping). The phone is well made, looks good and performs like a higher end device. Couldn’t be happier…

Sept 29, 2016 12:18:41 GMT 1 miroul said:
I've been using a LG Urbane 2nd edition LTE since June. It has it's own SIM card and i use it as my main phone and also as a fitness device. I run or bike around 1 hour a day, use it for call around 15 min per day, text messages replies, notifications of emails and news, timer and alarm, and all of this, with a screen always on on dim mode... With this usage, i get 18 hours of daily use... If i don't train one day, i get to 22 hours easily. I've got to 3 days in airplane mode over the long weekend of labour day. It's unfortunate this watch is rare to find and expensive because that's what i would recommend to you, for the needs you have today.

The Urbane also offloads most of the work to your paired phone. You run it as a true standalone and you lose 90% of it’s features and battery life is about a day and a half with display off. And the Urbane has a far larger battery. Display off, sitting on a desk untouched with basic syncs, the Urbane averages two days max. It’s mah/hr is actually worse than a phone using the same SOC.

I agree with you, the LG Urbane offloads part of it’s work on another phone. In my case, i have an Android tablet on Wifi at home, at all times. So, both are in sync most of the time (when the watch has cell coverage of course). I get much better results than what you are reporting though, especially since the last Google update that took place on July 29th. So, yeah, it all depends what you are looking for. For me, it’s a solid enough package. I also appreciate the amazing screen this watch has, it makes the Watchmaker watch faces i use pop up and having those on the screen always on is definitely a plus. I get comments on my watch at least once a week, it’s an eye catcher.

But, having said that, i’d prefer to have a real stand-alone watch. That’s why i’m hanging around in this forum to find out when this dream watch will eventually show up and have hands-on comment from the early adopters…

Sept 29, 2016 18:00:33 GMT 1 miroul said:
I agree with you, the LG Urbane offloads part of it's work on another phone. In my case, i have an Android tablet on Wifi at home, at all times. So, both are in sync most of the time (when the watch has cell coverage of course). I get much better results than what you are reporting though, especially since the last Google update that took place on July 29th. So, yeah, it all depends what you are looking for. For me, it's a solid enough package. I also appreciate the amazing screen this watch has, it makes the Watchmaker watch faces i use pop up and having those on the screen always on is definitely a plus. I get comments on my watch at least once a week, it's an eye catcher.

“Part”, it offloads almost everything. Weather, calendar, email, social media, navigation, and so on are all handled phone side. Even under very controlled bench tests it does poorly (full signal, no calls, no texts, no notifications, theater mode on, and untouched)

Here’s the math- Battery mah / hours til 0% = ma/hr
On SIM
InWatch Z (550mAh) - 7.3mA/hr (75hr til 0%)
D5 (430mAh) - 6.2mA/hr (69hr til 0%)
TrueSmart (550mAh) - 5.7mA/hr (96hr til 0%)
LTE (570mAh) - 10.2mA/hr (55hr til 0%)

(phones same CPU as the LTE)

Sony Xperia M2 - 3.9mA/hr
LG G3 S - 3.6mA/hr

I’ve also never seen an LTE bench test under 10mA/hr. If it performed the same as the D5 you would see +90hrs of SIM standby and over a week of BT standby. If you compare apples (OG LG G) to apples (LTE in BT mode only), the LG G pulls 4.25mA/hr (read 3 days of use) with low use over BT. The LTE should be giving you almost 6 days with the same usage, it’s nowhere close. Another way to look at it is under the same conditions, the LTE should NEVER give you shorter battery life than any other Wear smartwatch, and certainly not similar or worse battery life than any of the watches in this community. So while it may look nice, it’s efficiency leaves a lot to be desired.

It’s obvious I judge devices by comparison what they do vs what the should be able to do. It’s sad none of the reviewers do that anymore.