Android 7 new firmware for kw88 pro

What is new in firmware 1.5 ?

Pablo on KW88 Pro you have under - Settings - About Watch - Wireless Update check for Updates, in the setting (Tree points right) you have possibility to make a local update, you need a file to update local instead the wireless option.

Did you have this file for V1.5

From what iā€™ve read in this post i understood that the kw88pro doesnā€™t support bt calling but the older kw 88 does because it has android 5 unlike the kw 88 pro witch has android 7.
I bought an kw 88 pro smartwatch, mainly, to get a notification when my phone is ringing because i work in a noisy environment. The incoming call notifications worked until the wiiwatch app latest update. Now i recieve all the notifications on the watch except those for incoming calls witch was the reason for aquisition.
My question is, is it possible to flash a kw88 firmware onto a kw 88 pro smartwatch since that firmware has bt calling?

No, not possible.
Different hardware and software.
My advice is to go back to the previous version of WiiWatch or use watch Droid instead

If you need the call notification, you could uninstall WiiWatch and install Watchdroid instead, but only if you are using an Android phone. At least up to version 9, this works without any problems. The name of the caller is also displayed. Answering this is also not possible here.

I am using watchdroid now. Things are alot better. Just one small problem, even after i bought the full version when i recieve an incoming call i get a notification on my watch with a generic text ā€œphoneā€ and the phone icon. Is it posible to see who is calling me on my watch?

It is. You have to use Version 9.0.

1 Like
1 Like

Version 9.0 of what? of the watchdroid app?

Yes. Delete your Version completly. Disable automatic google backups. Install this Version.

1 Like

I have a problemā€¦ The phone that i am using is a company phone and the administrator setings wonā€™t allow me to install apps from ā€œuntrusted sourcesā€

Then the decision is yours ?

Normaly you can change this in the settings of the phone. If you donā€™t have access to this settings, I canā€™t help you.

yes it isā€¦ but i have to have an app from my company installed on my phone with restricts me to only download apps from playstore.

Have you ever thought about an own mobile?

the option to enable installing apps from untrusted sources is not available in settings.
Thanks for the help!

Maybe its not worth losing your job over :thinking:

1 Like

:)) yes. but i hate having two phones and since they gave me a dual sim phone i havenā€™t felt the need for a new phone.

Still, why the newer version lost capabilities over older version 9?

Due to changed Playstore guidelines. The app had to be adjusted to continue appearing in the Playstore.

1 Like