Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

Great! I have searched this post, but I couldn’t find it. I have to update my Arraytype list. It’s not up to date atm. :+1:

1 Like

Isn’t it just an Oxygen touch field ? I was wishing for an Oxygen readout field, like the pulse value.

Hmm, you might be right. I can’t check the XML right now. I’ll have a look tomorow.

Otherwise there would have been a field with a value in the nineties.

1 Like

To be honest somewhere on the forum there is a huge upto date array list but i couldnt find it

2 Likes

-New functions available - #30 by iscle

1 Like

So if it is there we should put our money on type 62 ?

No. AT 62 is GIF for Stocklauncher.

1 Like

Ok, so it seems there is no Oxygen level yet, which fits with answer from supplier.

Jep. That’s the info @pablo11 got.

1 Like

I misunderstood this . I thought you meant a shortcut to stock app

1 Like

thanks. I was just hoping to save cash.

that looks nice. I have to reorganize my watch box to separate to 24mm bands for my optimus 2 and the 22 mm bands for the lem 16.

My wife loves it when I spend…

2 Likes

I have for them for the Prime 2, and I love how soft they are. Best part is where you rest your pulse when typing on a keyboard, no hard metal part or anything. (Prime 2 is another width).

I was looking for a watch to do the same - actually, I want to run BYODA (patched Dexcom app) and AndroidAPS. I settled on teh Kospet Prime 2/Lokmat APPLLP Pro because of the larger (2.1") face, which would be easier for interacting with AAPS (entering carbs, adjusting basals and ratios, etc.) and the 1600(ish) mah battery. I wasn’t interested in wearing a brick on my wrist so this was the biggest non-brick screen.

My plan was to install the FAW firmware to minimise battery use and run just BYODA and AAPS with Bluetooth full-time (for BG collection and pump control) and data/wifi for uploading to NightScout. I would then run XDrip+ on my main phone with data downloaded from NS, for when I wanted to look at trends in more detail that is possible in AAPS and for sending BG data to Android Auto and any other devices. In other words, the watch would be purely for the APS - no call, texts, alerts from my ohone, etc.

Unfortunately, I was not able to purchase the watch I wanted at a price that was acceptable to me (around AUD300 plus 10% GST) and so I have gone for a small (4" screen) phone running Anroid 10.

I considered this new Android 11 watch (the seller who I ordered the Prime 2/APPLLP Pro from offered it to me as an alternative as they had no stock of the watch I ordered) but I didn’t want to try to run AAPS on a 1.6" screen and the much smaller battery was a big concer, especially as there is no Android 11 FAW yet. Also, I didn’t want to be relying on a new (to watches) operating system, which is likely to have a few bugs at first, on something that is running a system to keep me alive.

EDIT: If someone was to come out with a rectangular watch with at least a 2" screen and 1600mah battery, I reckon a large proportion of the 10,000 or so AndroidAPS users would seriously consider using it to run their APS, maybe half or more. The watch format lends itself perfectly to that use - no more leaving your pancreas lying around somewhere and losing connections because it’s right there, on your wrist. That’s a reasonable sized market for the manufacturers to think about.

2 Likes

You would think so hey…
But in reality they are lucky if they can sell 1000 or the rectangular style.
The DM101 was a prime example…
True, it had straps that could not be changed and the charging pad was not good…
But it was a solid performer.
Sales not so good.
So at the end of the day it’s scary to commit to financing a couple of thousand devices knowing that they might not sell.
You can see the problem…?

5 Likes

Here is a new YouTube video, but with totally wrong specs, or it is another watch…

if you look closely when the video shows the settings you can see that it has the right name and the right amount of ram and storage

2 Likes

But again, it is a factory video.
It is really just for advertising purposes.
Any real feedback will come very soon when reviewers receive their samples and @Dr_Andy_Vishnu will be able to tell us a little bit more on the weekend when he gets back from his holiday.
Fingers crossed that he will be able to share some basic feedback for us :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Just an FYI
On the 22nd of August until the 26th August the sale price will drop to $179 USD.
Might be worth the wait for many people.

8 Likes