And how about seven

Project: battery Pack
( dorky, crazy, very poor workmanship, let China do it )
six 380 mah square, added to make it last a couple more days

Attachments:

771.jpg

772.jpg

773.jpg

more folly

Attachments:

774.jpg

775.jpg

776.jpg

and more

Attachments:

777.jpg

778.jpg

779.jpg

last pic… and I pre-reduced them…

Attachments:

780.jpg

I need one too, I guess… Just need to solve the sweat and the weight problem.

The moldable putty ( that was a lot of fun to play around with )
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008URBC9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
But it was ten bucks more expensive than the cost of the six little rectangular lithium batteries !
www.aliexpress.com/item/3pcs-lot-3-7V-380mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-For-Smart-Watch-dz09-SmartWatch-Battery-Replacement-Battery-For/32808644199.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.l8nqtN
I am building / doing a second project ( the first one works fine and no, i did not catch my ( semi-hairy ) arm on fire ) !
The first is a kind of a bracelet assembly, so you can put a black cotton sweatband ( think tennis - which i don’t play ) underneath it…

The second is going the mold casting route.

Thinner and very contoured like…
www.amazon.com/Alja-Safe-Alginate-3-lb-Box/dp/B000KVSU60/ref=pd_bxgy_201_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NQDCTT3E5Z9AMQJHA23Y
-or-
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3LAZ9O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
What am i going to do with three pounds of that casting stuff ?

Mold my pixel onto my arm ?

Make a halloween gag ?

Sept 17, 2017 19:28:23 GMT 1 lon said:
The moldable putty ( that was a lot of fun to play around with ) www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008URBC9I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . But it was ten bucks more expensive than the cost of the six little rectangular lithium batteries ! www.aliexpress.com/item/3pcs-lot-3-7V-380mAh-Rechargeable-Battery-For-Smart-Watch-dz09-SmartWatch-Battery-Replacement-Battery-For/32808644199.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.l8nqtN . I am building / doing a second project ( the first one works fine and no, i did not catch my ( semi-hairy ) arm on fire ) ! . The first is a kind of a bracelet assembly, so you can put a black cotton sweatband ( think tennis - which i don't play ) underneath it...

The second is going the mold casting route.

Thinner and very contoured like…
www.amazon.com/Alja-Safe-Alginate-3-lb-Box/dp/B000KVSU60/ref=pd_bxgy_201_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NQDCTT3E5Z9AMQJHA23Y
-or-
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3LAZ9O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
What am i going to do with three pounds of that casting stuff ?

Mold my pixel onto my arm ?

Make a halloween gag ?

i think for now i’ll stick with my S1 watch which is downgraded watch compare to the mtk6580 watches (it is mtk6572) but has great battery life and BT connection is also great, well…that does’nt look womanly;)

Sept 18, 2017 7:15:27 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 17, 2017 19:28:23 GMT 1 lon said:

i think for now i’ll stick with my S1 watch which is downgraded watch compare to the mtk6580 watches (it is mtk6572) but has great battery life and BT connection is also great, well…that doesn’t look womanly;)

You are right about going back to a 6572 ( two core ) for lower power.   And the h/w drivers for the 6580 has a bluetooth bug ? ? ?
I ‘really’ want to talk to my current watch ( off-line more than online ) and have it take notes.   I can look like Dick Tracy.   And then ( Harr, Harr ), like I can type on the keyboard on that tiny round watch circle.   No, I cannot at all.   But SmartWatch Ticks showed that you have to have 1 GB, working ram memory to use the Google Speech to Text engine.
MediaTek announced several new products ( using lower power ! )
www.mediatek.com/press-room/press-releases
But most likely, they’ll be implemented in phones only…    
Maybe next year in a watch because Apple’s new super expensive ( walled garden ) series three will re-ignite interest in wrist devices.
In two weeks, Google makes its big announcements.   It will be interesting to see what they are up to…
But again there’ll be no low power help for us MTK people from Mountain View.
Their simple, low price “Android One” product initially sounded good but it is struggling to make a show.

Sept 18, 2017 16:52:46 GMT 1 lon said:
You are right about going back to a 6572 ( two core ) for lower power.   And the h/w drivers for the 6580 has a bluetooth bug ? ? ? I 'really' want to talk to my current watch ( off-line more than online ) and have it take notes.   I can look like Dick Tracy.   And then ( Harr, Harr ), like I can type on the keyboard on that tiny round watch circle.   No, I cannot at all.   But SmartWatch Ticks showed that you have to have 1 GB, working ram memory to use the Google Speech to Text engine.

Well. There is a way and many other ways to talk to our watch offline. Many months ago, I flashed my s99 (512Mb ram) with no way back to its stock fw.  I managed to recover most of what was lost.. With the watch rooted, I was able to put a few language packages in the google folder. So now, I have my watch taking notes offline. I think that the mic sucks but all the rest is fine.. take a look here: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2549644 I mostly use the round or circled keyboard to handwrite: TouchOneTest20160226.apk