A list of things that don't work on my Finow X3+

I like the concept of the Finow X3+ but sadly in reality it falls short in so many areas that it makes it rather unusable.

I’m new to the whole Chinese smartwatch scene, so if there are settings that I’m unaware of or I’m otherwise plain ignorant on some issues, just call me an idiot and enlighten me. I just want to be able to use this watch instead of my smartphone, and the way things are now, I can’t.

1. Using it to call with doesn’t work.
    If just using the watch, the receiving end complains about excessive background noise and that my voice frequently cuts out. When using a bluetooth headset, the call gets transferred to the watch when someone picks up, even though it rings in the headset. I then have to tell the other person to wait, while I go into the settings and disable and then enable the “phone” option in the settings for my headset. EVERY CALL.

2. Bluetooth is really unstable.
    My headset and headphones frequently disconnect, and streaming A2DP only works if you don’t move the watch. Tunein radio works slightly better than Spotify here, but they’re both pretty awful when it comes to audio hickups and disconnecting.

3. GPS doesn’t work
    I’ve tried getting GPS to work with both Strava and Endomondo but neither can get a lock. Someone said to reset my watch, so I did, but that didn’t change anything. Sports tracking was one of the main reasons I bough this watch and it doesn’t work.

Anyone got more? I haven’t tried using wifi, so can’t comment on that.

Any chance that these issues will be resolved with firmware updates?

Not sure how much longer I can stomach trying to use the X3+ as a standalone device, but that’s what I bought it for. I want to get rid of my excessive use of my smartphone but still be able to use the same functions on the watch, when I REALLY need to. In theory, this should work splendidly. In practice, it doesn’t.

1. I do not have this problem. Everybody I called with the watch could here me without any problem. Using Bluetooth in my car starts the call in private mode, but I only need to press a key on the steering wheel. Every other phone starts the call in hands free mode.
  2. I did not use audio over Bluetooth. But Bluetooth for hands free in my car works without any problem.
  3. I (quick) tested google maps and the app gps-data. Both got a look around 1 meter from window (inside). I did not test it outdoor or for a longer time.

On low signal strength (2g/3g) the watch holds the link good, but if the signal/link is gone, it did not recover. Reboot did not help in this situation. If the signal strength becomes better, link comes back. It is like a hysteresis with a big step.

To me the GPS signal loses me when I put it on my wrist.
They have done very badly Finow

goo.gl/photos/CFR8iX8UFqMe4svB6

Oct 16, 2016 17:57:10 GMT 1 krevlornswath said:

1. i do'nt have any problems with calls from both sides, it sounds more problem with your sim than the watch itself. 2. true when i run i do'nt have disconnection but when i walk i do, but it got to do more with the bt headset than the watch itself because when i move the watch to my right hand where the side of the bt on the headset problem is solved. 3. i use JogTracker and no gps problems never have had since i got the watch. NOT all apps support these watches and the problems is the developers i've tried to contact many apps developers and just few as Paco (m2d's developer) have replied and willing to help. when you have a problems with an app that does'nt work proparly with the watch contact the dev.
Oct 16, 2016 17:57:10 GMT 1 krevlornswath said:
  1. Using it to call with doesn’t work.
    If just using the watch, the receiving end complains about excessive background noise and that my voice frequently cuts out. When using a bluetooth headset, the call gets transferred to the watch when someone picks up, even though it rings in the headset. I then have to tell the other person to wait, while I go into the settings and disable and then enable the “phone” option in the settings for my headset. EVERY CALL.

Looks I have the same problem, only thing I noticed, it works well I mean voice goes through bluetooth headset if the headset connects to watch after the conversation started. But if you call through the headset from start, hear the 'beeps', then someone on the other side answer the call, watch somehow makes the voice go through speaker. ;/ 

I think about workaround like app restarting bt in watch after call was answered, that would make it work, any suggestions ?

I was so close to buy it today but reading your post, i think i’ll pass this time. Too bad, the watch looks good to me and i really want to find a standalone smartwatch that will live up to it’s promises.

Oct 21, 2016 22:43:41 GMT 1 miroul said:
I was so close to buy it today but reading your post, i think i'll pass this time. Too bad, the watch looks good to me and i really want to find a standalone smartwatch that will live up to it's promises.

Sorry to say this but it doesn’t exist. The X series is the closest you will get.

Silly questions.
The x3 does not have multipoint?
To zoom with two fingers​:open_mouth::open_mouth:

No, all the watches we are talking about have only single touch.

For Google maps there is a gesture. Double tap and hold, then move up or down will do the trick.