2 sim cards at the same time

Hello to all, firstly may I thank all administrators, members and others in creating this informative and useful forum.

This is my first post on the forum, so please forgive any transgressions or unintentional errors.

I have a Galaxy S8 and a Kospet Hope. Both are fully original with fully up to date firmware.

My question is:-

Is it possible to install a simple sim card to the Kospet Hope and retain the current all singing all dancing sim card in the S8, with the intention to use the KH to send and receive SMS/MMS only, with the simple sim installed, and the S8 to communicate with the KH as and when SMS messages or notifications arrive.

Both sim’s have unique phone numbers.
The S8 sim has 100Gb data limit per month. The KH sim has 50Mo data limit which will not be used, but it does have unlimited SMS/MMS capability which I will use along with the 2 hours monthly limit of phone use.

The KH is a superb smartwatch, if it can function as a personal SMS/MMS communicator as well as receiving info/data from the S8 at the same time, then it will be indispensable.

If my question is naive or self evident, then ignore me and I will go away. Otherwise, I rely upon the more experienced among you to aid me.

Thank you in anticipation of an early reply.

Regards.

Only by using a different sim card can you send and receive sms etc with the watch.

There is an E-Sim version but only available by special order and in quantities of over 500.

Thank you Pablo11 for your reply.
I understand that using a non data sim card in the KH will allow me to receive sms using that card alone, and for that I am happy.
However, my question still remains, can I simultaneously use the S8 to pair with the KH, and use the S8’s data connection on the KH as well as receiving any sms or notifications sent from the S8.

Am I expecting too much?

Regards

You can use your phones data connection on the watch via Bluetooth for internet access.
Your phone will still receive sms etc but the watch will only notify you when a message is received. You cannot send sms from your watch without a sim.

The watch is another mobile phone and as such has the same limitations as any mobile phone.

Thank you Pablo11 for your reply.
The cost of the simple non-contractual sim here in France, is 2 Euro per month, limited to 2 Hours communication, but unlimited sms/mms.
So I will experiment with this sim for the cost of a coffee!
Thank you again for your time and responses.
Regards

That sounds like a great sim plan :+1: